Windows 10: Recovering my PC

Discus and support Recovering my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having issues recovering my PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 1909, Build 18363.693. I run system update daily. I am trying to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan2012UR, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Dan2012UR Win User

Recovering my PC

I am having issues recovering my PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 1909, Build 18363.693. I run system update daily.

I am trying to reset my computer because I cannot resolve an issue communicating with a media server - I need to use ports 3483, 9000 and 9090 to communicate with this media server. I have tried to address it from a firewall approach but have been unsuccessful. So, I thought I would start fresh assuming that some unknown setting is corrupt although I have run programs which have determined the OS is ok.

So my problem is that I have been unsuccessful trying to reset, or try a clean installation or even to re-image. For the latter I created a recovery USB drive. But I'm thwarted when the system asks for my Windows log on password before the image begins. I don't know what it is any more - I use my pin and have for some time. I simply can't remember the password even the hint.

My questions - it would be easier for me to simply do a refresh - does anyone know why it typically fails - and does so after the full process has run? Is there something I could look at to resolve and try again? And as far as the re-image - if I purchase CD media would I still have the same issue?

Thanks, Dan

:)

Dan2012UR, Feb 29, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Bo$$ Win User
    Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

4. Macazine Win User

Recovering my PC

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Recovering my PC

1. Recovering my PC - Similar Threads - Recovering

2. Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows10 can not recover at EFI failure: [ATTACH] The Windows installer can not find the windows10 recovery images at the partition 6. The EFI was "damaged" during Fedora32 installation... [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows 10 unable to recover

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unable to recover: My home PC is not starting up, getting following error "The Operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors. File:\Windows\System32\drivers\intelpep.sys Error code :0xc00000e9 " I have tried to use auto recovery but it...
  4. USB 3.0 drive shows RAW for file system. How can I recover my files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.0 drive shows RAW for file system. How can I recover my files?: I've tried multiple USB ports and different computers. Windows cannot do anything with a RAW as file system. I need to recover my files without formatting etc....
  5. wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10

wnat to recover files from hard drive taken from old computer to new laptop, windows 10: I removed old hard drive from laptop, purchased SATA to USB3.0 Hard Drive Enclosure unit. I plugged in USB into new laptop but cannot access files on old Hard Drive....
  6. How to recover D drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to recover D drive?: I followed steps in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/d-drive-full-but-no-files-found/50db6b77-2f15-457f-8c34-182a682dd4ce to try to delete hidden files in the D drive. But then the drive disappeared. I want to take the D drive...
  7. Recovering Lost D Drive & Files

Recovering Lost D Drive & Files: I've started my computer up a day after some system updates only to see I've lost over 900gbs of space! Now I only have my OS C: and can't find anything through the disk management section. How can I get my storage back? This is an internal hard drive that I can't find...
  8. Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Product ID but Key is lost after Factory Reset, can i recover it?: Hello everybody, lately i had to factory reset my machine, because of security issues. After that my Windows Pro License was lost. Thanks Microsoft. No not buying it again. Is there a way to recover the Windows Pro Product Key if i have a screenshot with the Product ID?...
  9. Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Audio From Game DVR Recordings: Today I recorded about 8 hours of video in about 30 clips with the native game mode. I have recorded previously with no issues, so was not checking each clip for proper playback. At the end of it all, I realized that there was no audio in any of today's captures. After some...
  10. Surface Book no longer booting - trying to recover a few files

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Book no longer booting - trying to recover a few files: Hello all, Running Windows 10 Home on a Surface Book 2nd generation - my wife's computer. It was occasionally blue screening for her a few months ago, and apparently following one incident, it will no longer boot past the surface logo - it bluescreens immediately with...