Windows 10: Recovering my PC

Discus and support Recovering my PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having issues recovering my PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 1909, Build 18363.693. I run system update daily. I am trying to reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dan2012UR, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Dan2012UR Win User

Recovering my PC

I am having issues recovering my PC running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 1909, Build 18363.693. I run system update daily.

I am trying to reset my computer because I cannot resolve an issue communicating with a media server - I need to use ports 3483, 9000 and 9090 to communicate with this media server. I have tried to address it from a firewall approach but have been unsuccessful. So, I thought I would start fresh assuming that some unknown setting is corrupt although I have run programs which have determined the OS is ok.

So my problem is that I have been unsuccessful trying to reset, or try a clean installation or even to re-image. For the latter I created a recovery USB drive. But I'm thwarted when the system asks for my Windows log on password before the image begins. I don't know what it is any more - I use my pin and have for some time. I simply can't remember the password even the hint.

My questions - it would be easier for me to simply do a refresh - does anyone know why it typically fails - and does so after the full process has run? Is there something I could look at to resolve and try again? And as far as the re-image - if I purchase CD media would I still have the same issue?

Thanks, Dan

:)

Dan2012UR, Feb 29, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Bo$$ Win User
    Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

4. Macazine Win User

Recovering my PC

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Recovering my PC

1. Recovering my PC - Similar Threads - Recovering

2. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  3. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  4. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  6. Need to Recover Deleted File

Need to Recover Deleted File: I was in the OneDrive tab of file explorer Windows 10 Pro and deleted a file by accident. The file was also deleted from my pc. The file is not showing up in my pc's recycle bin nor OneDrive's recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover it. I do not have a back up drive or...
  7. Need to Recover Deleted File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to recover photos and video if deleted permanently ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover photos and video if deleted permanently ?: I lost my photos and videos which was screenshot and screen recorded and while edited in captures folder i accidentally clicked backspace button and my all files were deleted how to recover it. It was in disc vol. c:...
  9. How to recover photos and video if deleted permanently ?

How to recover photos and video if deleted permanently ?: I lost my photos and videos which was screenshot and screen recorded and while edited in captures folder i accidentally clicked backspace button and my all files were deleted how to recover it. It was in disc vol. c:...
  10. I want to recover a backup from another user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to recover a backup from another user: I have made a mistake. I had a desktop with an older windows user account and run factory recovery. I did asked for a back-up to be made, to restore from. I have set-up the desktop with another new user account. Now I have found out that I lost one essential file. But I can't...