Windows 10: Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk

Discus and support Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was creating an USB Bootable Memory Stick an accidently overwrote an External 1TB NTFS Hard Disk, what is the best way to try and recover the Data on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Plisgyn, Oct 18, 2020 at 10:52 AM.

1. Plisgyn Win User

Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk

I was creating an USB Bootable Memory Stick an accidently overwrote an External 1TB NTFS Hard Disk, what is the best way to try and recover the Data on it. The Disk now shows as a 16gbyte do I have to format it as 1TB and then try to recover the data?

:)

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

3. How to recover personnel data from external HDD Recovery Disk

Hello Nilesh,

I believe the process of creating recovery disk is not correctly executed and that's why you have lost your data. I would recommend you not to write on the external drive for preventing the overwritten issue and download

Stellar Windows data recovery software
    for recovering your data from the external hard drive.

4. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

Thema:

1. Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk - Similar Threads - Recovering Overwritten External

2. Recovering partially zeroed-out NTFS partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering partially zeroed-out NTFS partition?: I "accidentally" (right command, sadly wrong partition) zeroed-out the first 5GB of a 2TB harddisk using dd (linux). The partition is used as a "data-partition" for Windows10 (D: drive), using the entire disk. It's formatted in NTFS. Though mostly data, there are some...
  3. Recovering disks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering disks: Hello i have a problem. My laptop HP Elitebook 9470m. Core i5 is an SSD, it used to have a Disk 0 and a Disk 1, i tried partitioning and i suceeded, then i deleted a partition and half of my things are gone my music, my files & etc now its only got a disk 0and honestly,...
  4. Can I recover an overwritten Camtasia 8 project file?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I recover an overwritten Camtasia 8 project file?: I have been editing my YouTube videos with the cheapest dirty program Camtasia Studio 8 for a while now, but today the program crashed while saving and the size of the program changed to 0 bytes. When I open the project, only an untitled project opens. I pray to the gods that...
  5. NTFS Disk Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NTFS Disk Problems: I run Windows 10 on my computer that has multiple disks. I defragmented my disks and got a response that states that " Dirty disk, run CHKDSK" on this NTFS disk designated K. I ran CHKHDSK K: /f,/r,/x,/b on this disk and obtained after deleting corrupt attribute records anf...
  6. Lost eveything in external disk want to recover.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost eveything in external disk want to recover.: In trying to create a bootable USB download tool on Microsoft support Site. I selected the wrong USB drive for the download target. Lost 4 virtual drives including all folders and files. Can I get it back? The drive now shows 32 GB of allocated space, which is where the...
  7. Format external backup drive for NTFS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Format external backup drive for NTFS: I purchased an external backup drive made by Verbatim. when I try to do a full system backup from Windows 10, I get the message that I can't backup to this drive because it is not formatted for NTFS. How do I format this drive for NTFS?...
  8. Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS: I've got an external hard disk which I was using to back up two computers. The last time I used it it was recognised properly as containing an NTFS volume by both computers (both running Windows 10). However this time it is no longer recognised properly by either of the two...
  9. NTFS vs. ExFAT for external SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NTFS vs. ExFAT for external SSD: Hi, I have a new SSD Drive (128GB) and I was experiencing some poor performance. I read in another older thread about it and I want to post here my findings. Windows has a very good utility to check performance of Drives : Elevated Comand Prompt > Winsat Disk -Drive X (X...
  10. How to recover data from non-overwritten blocks and sectors?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover data from non-overwritten blocks and sectors?: Hi Guys, I beg you help me to save my life. If I can't recover I DEFINITELY LOSE MY JOB. I have a notebook with 250GB SSD. It had 2 main GPT partition; Local Disk C and Local Disk D. First one size was 100GB for Windows 10 and the next one was 140GB for storing some...