Windows 10: Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk

Discus and support Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was creating an USB Bootable Memory Stick an accidently overwrote an External 1TB NTFS Hard Disk, what is the best way to try and recover the Data on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Plisgyn, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Plisgyn Win User

Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk

I was creating an USB Bootable Memory Stick an accidently overwrote an External 1TB NTFS Hard Disk, what is the best way to try and recover the Data on it. The Disk now shows as a 16gbyte do I have to format it as 1TB and then try to recover the data?

:)

Plisgyn, Oct 18, 2020

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Oct 18, 2020
  3. How to recover personnel data from external HDD Recovery Disk

Hello Nilesh,

I believe the process of creating recovery disk is not correctly executed and that's why you have lost your data. I would recommend you not to write on the external drive for preventing the overwritten issue and download

Stellar Windows data recovery software
    for recovering your data from the external hard drive.

JohnMacguire, Oct 18, 2020
  4. ze ultimo Win User

diskpart doesn't show disk

Hey,

I am trying to install Win10 on a mac book air.

However the diskpart does not list the disk even after reformatting the partition as NTFS per suggestion.

read through this solution but cannot move to step 1 listed in the solution by Ivan as that disk doesn't see that partition it was just able to reformat.

Regards

ze ultimo, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Recovering Overwritten External NTFS Disk - Similar Threads - Recovering Overwritten External

2. How to recover overwritten files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover overwritten files: Hello, I lost an important file after a system failure. Word and all Office programs were closed after putting Asus ZenBook to sleep.I had File A the important one; I saved a "recovered File B" with File A´s name.Thank you...
  3. How to recover overwritten files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover overwritten files: Hello, I lost an important file after a system failure. Word and all Office programs were closed after putting Asus ZenBook to sleep.I had File A the important one; I saved a "recovered File B" with File A´s name.Thank you...
  4. How to recover overwritten word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to recover overwritten word document: How to recover overwritten word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-overwritten-word-document/e886ffe2-d023-4755-a4e6-6279d60b4614
  5. How to recover overwritten word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover overwritten word document: How to recover overwritten word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-overwritten-word-document/e886ffe2-d023-4755-a4e6-6279d60b4614
  6. How to recover overwritten word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to recover overwritten files?

How to recover overwritten files?: 54hrs of game progress was overwritten by the steam cloud last night. Everywhere I look they say "restore previous version" but when I try to do so the files claim there are no previous versions to restore - even though that is clearly not the case. I need to know if there is...
  8. How to recover an overwritten text document

in Windows 10 Support
    How to recover an overwritten text document: I was updating my desktop folder where I kept an important text document file and I accidently over wrote it with an older file which was not updating and was from 2016. I had a lot of important text from the past 4 years in the text document file. Is there any way I can...
  9. NTFS Disk Problems

NTFS Disk Problems: I run Windows 10 on my computer that has multiple disks. I defragmented my disks and got a response that states that " Dirty disk, run CHKDSK" on this NTFS disk designated K. I ran CHKHDSK K: /f,/r,/x,/b on this disk and obtained after deleting corrupt attribute records anf...
  10. Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows no longer recognises external disk as NTFS: I've got an external hard disk which I was using to back up two computers. The last time I used it it was recognised properly as containing an NTFS volume by both computers (both running Windows 10). However this time it is no longer recognised properly by either of the two...