Windows 10: Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too

Discus and support Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two days ago my laptop would not boot up and I got an 0xC000 0098 error code. Using bootrec /buildBCD did not work, and bootrec reported that it found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Oct 3, 2019.

1. x509 Win User

Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too

Two days ago my laptop would not boot up and I got an 0xC000 0098 error code. Using bootrec /buildBCD did not work, and bootrec reported that it found 0 windows partitions on the laptop, even though I multiboot that system between a "production" install and a "scratch-test" install. Both installs are Win 10 Pro 64.

Using the command line option in the install media repair option, the listed C drive is not the actual C drive. Instead it was a data files partition. So I already know that there is a problem with the actual windows partition.

So I booted up Kyhi's Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable PE Rescue Disk and ran Power Data Recovery. I am unsure how to proceed because of the message to the top of the main window in the photo:

IMG_0541[1].JPG - Google Drive

Can I safely ignore that message?

:)

x509, Oct 3, 2019
  2. Melvis Win User

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Oct 3, 2019
  3. trickson Win User
    Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Recover Data from disk

You dont even say what you want to do? Or what systems your connecting it to. XP wont read a GPT. If you want to recover the data or the partition your goijn to have to use 7 or 8 to read it even with a recovery program. Also the max sice of a MBR partition is 2 Tb. Getdataback is a great program

Jetster, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Recovering partitions using Kyhi's Rescue Disk Power Data Recovery too - Similar Threads - Recovering partitions using

2. Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Kyhi's rescue disk the same as Win-PE SE?: As the title says. Sorry for the noob question here but I am at the bottom of the learning curve here. If they are different, what is the use case for each? 169788
  3. Recovery of Partitions Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery of Partitions Data: Hi, Recently, I want to install Linux along with Windows 10. But, when i installed linux I want to boot win 10 again but when i tried to boot Win 10 it shows {Boot device not found Please install an operating system on your hard drive} I want to know that whether my...
  4. Is a recovery partition needed if you have a rescue disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is a recovery partition needed if you have a rescue disk: What is the function of a recovery partition? Under what circumstance is it needed/used? If you have a made a rescue disk to boot your computer is it needed? Thanks for your help 137020
  5. Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Which tool to recover the EFI partition? Booted into Rescue Disk: My EFI is blown away. The rest of the disk is good. I have a thread going in 'general' but this is also relevant as it's kind of an upgrade you might say. I am overwhelmed by options. There is diskpart, Macrium Reflect on the rescue disk, Bootrec.exe tool... what else. I...
  6. How to install HP drivers or software when using Kyhi boot rescue

How to install HP drivers or software when using Kyhi boot rescue: There is software on the HP website that I had attempted to install: HP Performance Advisor Performance Advisor for HP Workstations | HP® Official Site The download worked but the installation failed displaying: Windows installer The system administrator has set policies...
  7. How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue

How to use Intel Rapid Storage Tech software with Kyhi boot rescue: HP made mobile workstations (notebooks), G0, G2, G3, etc. The first generation G0 came with default RAID 0. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03916100 It had a 750 GB HD that worked with a 32 GB flash cache. This 32 GB flash cache does not function as a SSD drive. The...
  8. MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!

MiniTool Power Data Recovery to the rescue!!!: Just sharing this. I made another boo-boo today and deleted 500GB worth of media files (just movies and music). Don't ask me how because that's something nobody wants to do. *Smile I don't keep a backup of these files. For me these are disposable files. But it would be...
  9. Recover lost partitions and data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recover lost partitions and data: I appreciate the help with this issue. I did something stupid, I freely admit that. Now I need help to fix the problem. My laptop running Windows 10 updated to the latest build and would not boot. I kept getting Missing boot manager missing. Eventually I removed the drive and...
  10. Recovery Drive vs Recovery Partition vs PE Rescue Disk, confused.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Drive vs Recovery Partition vs PE Rescue Disk, confused.: After I did a clean install of Win10 about a year ago, I created a USB Recovery Drive. I also have a Norton Security Recovery Drive and I’ve created USB Bootable PE Rescue Disk by Kyhi. I also use Acronis to create regular full disk images and I have a USB Bootable Acronis...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kyhis recovery tools

2. Kyhi’s