Windows 10: Recovering system settings from previous HDD

Discus and support Recovering system settings from previous HDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by D'Maestro, Oct 16, 2018.

1. D'Maestro Win User

Recovering system settings from previous HDD

Hi,

I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10.

I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive.

I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the system settings so that the applications and system will operate as they did before.

I have tried to use a previous backup, but I am not having any luck trying to restore onto the new drive.

How would I go about doing this?

I would hate to have to reinstall each application individually.

:)

D'Maestro, Oct 16, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovering system settings from previous HDD - Similar Threads - Recovering system settings

2. Recover previous windows install from windows.old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover previous windows install from windows.old: I recently ran into a problem with my PC and had to reinstall windows. One thing led to another and now I have a clean windows version which isn't activated on my disk, and have my entire older install in my windows.old folder which used an activated windows pro license. Is...
  3. Recovering from lost HDD

Recovering from lost HDD: Have lost the hard drive on my laptop and can no longer open Windows 10. If I replace the HDD with an SSD is it possible to reinstall Windows without purchasing a new version? Have read articles suggesting it is possible but don't want to waste money or time trying to...
  4. Recover Data from Laptop HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recover Data from Laptop HDD: Hello I have a Lenovo Laptop , with an internal HDD drive of 1 TB . Now i have a problem with it , it's no longer working , when i enter the BIOS setup to check , it shows me HDD ," not detected " , and sometimes yes " Detected " and i can see the name of my HDD. I...
  5. Recover Product Key from dead HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recover Product Key from dead HDD: Hi, Recently, my laptop had a motherboard isuue that lead to the death of my PC. Almost every component is damaged, I brought the laptop in a PC repair shop but they couldn't do anything. We tried to recover at least the HDD, without success. I'm currently building a new...
  6. Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop

Recovering a backup from a previous computer to a new laptop: I would like to recover a previous Windows 10 backup to a new computer after setting up exactly the same account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-a-backup-from-a-previous-computer-to-a/2b003b26-2f80-4e12-9e7e-4310e62c7f31
  7. Recovering Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox/Jdownloader 2 data from an previous HDD with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovering Google Chrome/Mozilla Firefox/Jdownloader 2 data from an previous HDD with...: Hello! I'd like some help if someone here has experienced this case before (and I hope this is the correct place to ask this question): Basically my previous Windows 10 system died because its motherboard died. So, I used a secondary hardware system to install a fresh...
  8. Recovering Data from HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  9. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...
  10. Recovering system settings from previous HDD

Recovering system settings from previous HDD: Hi, I installed a new 2 TB SSD onto my laptop with a clean install of Windows 10. I need to find the best way to transfer the Windows 10 systems settings from old HDD to the new SDD drive. I have already moved all of the data and program files over, but need to copy the...