Windows 10: Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive

Discus and support Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Win 10 Pro system failed hard and I was unable to recover it. I bought a new Win 10 Home system I would like to upgrade my Home system using my (now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BertBruce, Apr 5, 2019.

1. BertBruce Win User

Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive

My Win 10 Pro system failed hard and I was unable to recover it. I bought a new Win 10 Home system I would like to upgrade my Home system using my (now unusable) Pro license. Is it possible to recover that Key? I have the old drive mounted and it is readable, just not bootable.

:)

BertBruce, Apr 5, 2019

2. win 10 activation fail code 70003c

Hi Shantanubandyopadhyay,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you installed Windows 10 through Windows update/ISO file?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

I suggest you to refer the below article and check if it help to activate the Windows 10.

Why can't I activate Windows 10?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

I hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Darryl360 Win User
    Win 10 Fail

Hours and hours wasted. Followed all the steps downloading files and tools and Win 10 ISO and attempting to recover win 10. Your programmers need to go back to school and learn their own system. You need a repair tool that works and can accept your upgraded
    key code from windows 7 to win 10. You repair would no accept my key code which was the code when I upgraded my active and verified windows 7.

YOUR PRODUCT FAILED

Darryl360, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive

win 10 activation fail code 70003c

win 10 activation fail code 70003c

shantanubandyopadhyay, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive

1. Recovering Win 10 Activation Code from Failed Drive - Similar Threads - Recovering Activation Code

2. recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue: Windows 10 became corrupted and won't restart. I am trying to recover this without losing documents. I've tried the Windows 10 recovery tool which fails, I've checked restoring to checkpoints and rolling back upgrades and neither of these options do anything. I've then...
  3. Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro activation failed after upgrade: Recently I reinstalled Windows using my OEM recovery tools on my Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop. Because I had spare Windows 7 Pro key I decided to use it to upgrade my Windows 10 installation to Pro version. The Windows settings accepted my key and done automatic update of my...
  4. Windows 10 Activation Failed: Code 0x800705b4

Windows 10 Activation Failed: Code 0x800705b4: Hello. I have an HP Pavilion dv6 Laptop. It came running Windows 7 Home Premium when I purchased it, and it was genuine Windows. I am aware of the "Install Windows 10 on Genuine software, and you will get the equivalent of it." I installed it this evening, and I realize...
  5. Recovering Windows from a Drive

Recovering Windows from a Drive: I've recently created a recovery drive for my windows 10 on my usb and i was wondering that when i select the option of "Recover from a drive" under Troubleshooting menu after booting from the Recovery USB, will my whole HDD get formatted when windows reinstalls? And also...
  6. Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10: Recovering a mirrored drive: I had a Win 10 system working fine with twin 1 TB drives setup in an Windows controlled mirror, as drive F:. Then my boot drive failed. I had to replace it and reinstall Win 10 from scratch. I have been unable to reintroduce my mirrored drives to it. In Disk Management they...
  7. Win 10 Activation failed (Error code: 0xC004C003)

Win 10 Activation failed (Error code: 0xC004C003): ok so I was going to do a clean install of windows 10 after I upgraded using the media creation tool you can see a post I made here I used the media creation to put win 10 home on a usb then I went to install I skipped the product key part because I already activated when I...
  8. recovering files from a formatted drive

in Windows 10 Support
    recovering files from a formatted drive: What is the best and cheapest software to recover files from a formatted usb hard drive (WD Elements) 89011
  9. Win 10 install fails error code 80070003

Win 10 install fails error code 80070003: I think this may be due to the Win 8 installation which was done as an upgrade from win7 pro. I think the bootmgr/bcd is on the wrong drive. There isn't a system reserved partition on my C: drive but there is an OEM partition, an EFI system partition and a recovery partition....
  10. Recover 10 key from corrupted hard drive

Recover 10 key from corrupted hard drive: My aunt upgraded her 5 year old Win 7 desktop to Win 10. The PC ran well until this morning when she got errors upon boot (Preparing automatic repair, diagnosing your PC) After we tried and failed to get anything in the troubleshooter to 'repair' it (even the reset that would...