Windows 10: recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue

Discus and support recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 became corrupted and won't restart. I am trying to recover this without losing documents. I've tried the Windows 10 recovery tool which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GerardRoddam, Sep 11, 2019.

1. recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue

Windows 10 became corrupted and won't restart. I am trying to recover this without losing documents.

I've tried the Windows 10 recovery tool which fails, I've checked restoring to checkpoints and rolling back upgrades and neither of these options do anything. I've then tried running bootrec options from the command line, these don't work either. bootrec \scanos option tells me I have zero windows installations.

So I created a recovery USB, after a bit of fiddling with the dos boot sequence I managed to get the windows installation application to run from this. Starting this gives me a repair option, which takes me to the windows 10 recovery tool where I started from and gets the same results. I am therefore left with an install option.

Using this, accept the licence and am given a choice between "upgrade" and "custom" installs. the upgrade keeps files and settings so I think I need this one.

However when I choose this, I get a Compatibility Report which blocks progress. Basically it says I can't upgrade if I start my computer using installation media. However as Windows is corrupt, this is the only option I have.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks!

:)

GerardRoddam, Sep 11, 2019

2. Where's the Windows 10 compatibility report?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to get the compatibility report.

I will certainly help you with this.

Please provide the below information.

1. From which operating system you upgraded to Windows 10?

2. Did you check the desktop screen for the report?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: If you are unable to find the file on desktop, you can try to check in the system drive.

• Press Windows key+E.

• Double click on C: drive (default system drive).

• On the top right corner in the search bar, type the compatibility file name and search

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Win 10 compatability Report

The report was last run June 10/16. Which states the video card is not compatable. I have since upgraded the video card and the report never re-runs. I want to upgrade from Win 7 Home 32 bit.

I have seen where you can manually get the report to run but this doesn't work either.

Any suggestions ?

Thank You

chopper_12, Sep 11, 2019
  4. recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue

1. recovering win 10 from USB compatibility report issue - Similar Threads - recovering USB compatibility

2. Mixed Reality Portal reports compatible CPU as "with issues"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed Reality Portal reports compatible CPU as "with issues": Hi,I've recently got a headset and when I opened the Mixed Reality portal, I noticed that my CPU has an "i" next to it. However, when I opened the portal on a computer with the same CPU, the Portal supports the processor. Is there any way to solve this problem? My computer is...
  3. Mixed Reality Portal reports compatible CPU as "with issues"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mixed Reality Portal reports compatible CPU as "with issues": Hi,I've recently got a headset and when I opened the Mixed Reality portal, I noticed that my CPU has an "i" next to it. However, when I opened the portal on a computer with the same CPU, the Portal supports the processor. Is there any way to solve this problem? My computer is...
  4. USB Drives Issue in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB Drives Issue in Win 10: In Windows 10 should the light in a USB memory stick remain illuminated after receiving the "Safely Remove Hardware" message? I'm asking this question because this is what is happening in my Win 10 laptop. Some say it's safe to remove a memory stick while it's still lit up;...
  5. Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to Win 10 USB Issue: I currently run Win 7. I just purchased Win 10. I plugged in the USB drive to begin the setup per the instructions however no new device was visable to open. I checked device manager and it shows as an unknown device and I can't seem to locate a driver to make the USB drive...
  6. A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A decent bluetooth usb dongle that's completely compatible with Win 10?: I bought one of those tp-link dongles on Amazon that said it was plug and play. It's not, and even with the drivers, it doesn't show up in the new Windows 10 settings menu. You have to go through the old Bluetooth menu to attach anything. Any suggestions for a decent...
  7. Error Recovering from USB Recover Drive

Error Recovering from USB Recover Drive: When restoring my Acer Spin from the recovery USB it runs to about 57% and the gives an error. The SrtTrail.txt shows the following at the end: Root Cause Found Boot Manager is missing or corrupt Repair action: File repair Result: Failed. Error code = 0x2 How do I...
  8. Compatibility with win 10

in Cortana
    Compatibility with win 10: Is it "Stream what you hear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compatibility-with-win-10/3064d8c5-2349-42d4-9215-bb107aa6189d"
  9. How to change Compatibility from Win 10 to XP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Compatibility from Win 10 to XP?: The program that I want to change the Compatibility to XP is the game 'Crysis', yet neither its .EXE nor its shortcut have the Compatibility tab showing when I right click on them. How can I force them into XP compatibility mode? (And where the heck is this "Program...
  10. Failed Installation And Compatibility Report

Failed Installation And Compatibility Report: 1°Screen-on MediaCreationToolx64 2°Screen-on 4.G) Windows 10 - Dual Boot with Windows 7 or Windows 8 - Windows 10 Forums Anyone can help me? 11778