Windows 10: Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk

Discus and support Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Need urgent support. My laptop which i had installed Windows 10 original and key is dead/ I have lost my CD and the cover too. Since the laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chanuka Ruasinghe, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk

Hi, Need urgent support. My laptop which i had installed Windows 10 original and key is dead/ I have lost my CD and the cover too. Since the laptop is not switching ON and not working, i rem0ved the Hard Disk. so now i have that Hard drive as an External Disk. But how can i recover the windows key? PL advise

:)

Chanuka Ruasinghe, Jan 7, 2021

2. How to recover data from corrupted WD external hardisk

Hi...

I have Western Digital Passport 1 TB external Hard disk. It has got corrupted. When I connect to my Window 7 machine, my external hard disk rotates but my machine does not recognize it.I have checked External hard disk with other working cable as well but still it is not working . I have tried to recover data with Hiren boot cd ,. On hiren boot machine it is recognizing the disk. I can copy some data in form of dd format with data rescue but not able to recover data with this DD format file. I have used different softwares to recover dd file but all are giving error. Please suggest how can i recover my data.

rajmehra300, Jan 7, 2021
  3. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk

external hard drive

Hi Chrpee,

If you can't find external hard drive on Disk management than the next step is using the diskpart via command line, please follow the steps below:-

On the keyboard hit ((Windows logo key + R key)) than type ((CMD))

Now the windows command line will appear, the next steps is to type ((diskpart))

After that type ((list disk)) to show you the list of hard disks with partitions

If you found your external hard drive one of the list than you need to type ((select disk number)), note: the number is a disk number

Once you selected the hard disk or partitions than type ((clean))

than type ((create partition primary))

than type ((select partition 1))

than type ((active))

than type ((format fs=ntfs quick))

than type ((assign))

last type ((exit))

Check if the external hard drive appeared, if not please see the link below for more info and let me know if you need any assist

https://uk.pcmag.com/dvd-burners/120624/what-to...

Abdirahman Issa, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk

1. Recovering Windows 10 key from an external hard disk - Similar Threads - Recovering key external

2. External hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard disk: Hello everyoneI'm just looking for an advice here if someone could give me a definitive answer to a question that has been bugging me for a while.I've recently bought a new external hard drive, an upgrade for my old one in terms of size and speed, the thing is by chance I've...
  3. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  4. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  5. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10: How to recover files from external hard disk drive in windows 10 . the computer is recognizing the HDD with a Drive Letter but display error "not accessable" and ask for it to be reformatted....
  7. Booting Windows 10 from external hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting Windows 10 from external hard disk: Greetings. I have a laptop (Predator Helios 300) with Windows 10 (Home, upgraded to Pro with Win7 key) installation that I like to keep clean. From time to time I will have to find a new piece of software for certain task. Normally I would start by trying out programs from...
  8. external hard disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard disk: external hard disk is not displaying n even not located also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disk/62353490-2070-486b-a356-a179ff281d28
  9. how to recover external hard drive from windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    how to recover external hard drive from windows 10: I accidentally downloaded windows10 OS to my 1TB external hard drive, it formatted my hard drive and deleted all my important data. I have been reading some old thread related to this subject. follow as suggested to used MiniTool to scan the hard drive. the result came out...
  10. Recover 10 key from corrupted hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover 10 key from corrupted hard drive: My aunt upgraded her 5 year old Win 7 desktop to Win 10. The PC ran well until this morning when she got errors upon boot (Preparing automatic repair, diagnosing your PC) After we tried and failed to get anything in the troubleshooter to 'repair' it (even the reset that would...