Windows 10: recovering windows 7 user profiles after upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support recovering windows 7 user profiles after upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. On windows 7 I had 4 user accounts and I was the administrator. When I opened windows 10 they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Steve 798, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Steve 798 Win User

recovering windows 7 user profiles after upgrading to windows 10

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. On windows 7 I had 4 user accounts and I was the administrator. When I opened windows 10 they are not visible, I can see them in windows.old/users but I don't know how to add those accounts back onto windows 10.

:)

Steve 798, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Uplink10 Win User

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Feb 4, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

recovering windows 7 user profiles after upgrading to windows 10 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Feb 4, 2020
  4. TRWOV Win User

Note that it says "pay to upgrade" not "pay to use".

TRWOV, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. recovering windows 7 user profiles after upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - recovering user profiles

2. Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I previously upgraded my PC to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period however reverted this back post-upgrade due to incompatibility with another software package I use.This incompatibility has since been resolved and my question is how/can I reinstall the free upgrade to...
  3. Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7: I previously upgraded my PC to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period however reverted this back post-upgrade due to incompatibility with another software package I use.This incompatibility has since been resolved and my question is how/can I reinstall the free upgrade to...
  4. Recover windows 10 upgrade from windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Free Windows 10 upgrade from 7 after component change: Hello!I received a free upgrade to Windows 10 years ago. However, I recently changed some hardware and would like to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 to a new hard drive. Also, since I changed hardware my windows activation is gone.How do I reactivate my copy of 10 and...
  6. How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, a user profile is an account you use to sign in […] This article How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Can't recover Admin User Profile after Windows 10 upgrade on HP laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't recover Admin User Profile after Windows 10 upgrade on HP laptop: My HP laptop did an upgrade last month to Windows 10. Ever since then, the Admin User profile that was set up has "disappeared" and each time I go on my laptop, it shows as a TEMP user. I have tried fix after fix to try to recover the corrupt user profile, but it always...
  8. Recover a Roaming Profile after deletion - Windows 10

Recover a Roaming Profile after deletion - Windows 10: I went to User Accounts > Configure advanced user profile properties > Deleted the profile This also deleted the USERNAME folder in C:Users\ I usually change the folder to USERNAME_Old before deleting the profile but this time I forgot Is there a way to get this...
  9. Recover encrypted files after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Recover encrypted files after upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hi, I did the following: 1. Was using Windows 7 and had a directory of encrypted files 2. Replaced the motherboard and CPU, added a new SSD as the system drive (C:) , and added the previous system drive as an additional drive (G:) 3. Clean installed Windows 10 on the...
  10. Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

Windows 10 has window xp user profile path after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hi, Recently we encountered a scenario where our users after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10. Our product stores the required files in Public Documents folder generally. When customers upgraded from Win 7 to win 10 with product intact the files were found in...