Windows 10: Recovering Windows from a Drive

Discus and support Recovering Windows from a Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've recently created a recovery drive for my windows 10 on my usb and i was wondering that when i select the option of "Recover from a drive" under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rtolambiya, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Recovering Windows from a Drive

I've recently created a recovery drive for my windows 10 on my usb and i was wondering that when i select the option of "Recover from a drive" under Troubleshooting menu after booting from the Recovery USB, will my whole HDD get formatted when windows reinstalls?

And also will i be able to use the recovery USB normally to store files if i Format it?

:)

rtolambiya, Oct 14, 2018

2. Recover files from Flash drive

Does not work on a windows pc which is what the OP probably intended

windows by default does not have HFS and HFS+ based hard drives.
    Able to perform retrieval on both HFS and HFS+ based hard drives. and so will not work with windows

thanks for the effort

dorsetknob, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Macazine Win User
    Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Recovering Windows from a Drive

little cat, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Recovering Windows from a Drive

1. Recovering Windows from a Drive - Similar Threads - Recovering Drive

2. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  3. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  4. Cannot Access Files on D: drive, states it doesn't exist,,-Please help to recover!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Files on D: drive, states it doesn't exist,,-Please help to recover!?: I can't access anything on my D:drive as it no longer exists. I can't find it in the disk management, it's just gone. Can this be recovered? I have and HP ENVY x360 and I am currently running :Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎9/‎2023 OS build 22621.3155...
  5. Cannot Access Files on D: drive, states it doesn't exist,,-Please help to recover!?

Cannot Access Files on D: drive, states it doesn't exist,,-Please help to recover!?: I can't access anything on my D:drive as it no longer exists. I can't find it in the disk management, it's just gone. Can this be recovered? I have and HP ENVY x360 and I am currently running :Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎9/‎2023 OS build 22621.3155...
  6. How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?: I downloaded the iCloud app from Microsoft Store. I followed the setup instructions, and while following, I put D: as the destination for iCloud photos. I then continued following instructions until I realized that all my files from D drive were gone. The only thing left on D...
  7. How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?

How can I recover files that iCloud wiped out/deleted on D drive?: I downloaded the iCloud app from Microsoft Store. I followed the setup instructions, and while following, I put D: as the destination for iCloud photos. I then continued following instructions until I realized that all my files from D drive were gone. The only thing left on D...
  8. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  9. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

How to recover my files on old hard drive?: I installed a new SSd drive but left the original one in to use also. The original one has Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 on the SSD drive and had selected new install and the correct drive. After installing I can't get any of my files off the second drive. It seems like...
  10. How to recover my files on old hard drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing