Windows 10: Recovering word document

Discus and support Recovering word document in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I saved a word document with notes for my dissertation several months ago and have since opened it several times, i would open it by accessing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DominicRichardson1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Recovering word document

Recovering word document e43f7f74-9202-452e-9a5a-3ce916f43e31?upload=true.png I saved a word document with notes for my dissertation several months ago and have since opened it several times, i would open it by accessing recent world documents as shown below. I am not 100% sure i saved it on to onedrive, however I know it was saved and i could access it. I guess i havent looked at it recently enough for it to appear in my recently saved but it also is not anywhere on my computer. Any ideas on how i can access it/find my notes? Thank you

:)

DominicRichardson1, Apr 6, 2020
  2. jgunning Win User

Recovering corrupt word documents

Thank you so much..I have tried the program..and it says it saves the recovered text.and when i go to the output file the document is empty.. =(

I think the student will just have to accept the enevitable..:\

jgunning, Apr 6, 2020
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Recovering word document

.Recover shredded document in Word

Hi Janice,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Open word application and click the File tab.
    2. Click on Info > Manage Document >
      Recover Unsaved Documents.
    3. A list of unsaved files are shown.
    4. Look for the file try opening and saving it.

You can also refer to
    Back up and restore your files
    under the section Restore your files for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Recovering word document

1. Recovering word document - Similar Threads - Recovering word document

2. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover Word 2007 Document: I accidentally overwrote a Word doc. I have autorecover set up, yet there are NO files in autorecover. Zip. Never have been in all the years I've used Word. I AM DESPERATE!When I try to go to and follow this path C:\Users\linda\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ NOTHING shows...
  3. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Word 2007 Document: I accidentally overwrote a Word doc. I have autorecover set up, yet there are NO files in autorecover. Zip. Never have been in all the years I've used Word. I AM DESPERATE!When I try to go to and follow this path C:\Users\linda\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\ NOTHING shows...
  4. Recover Word 2007 Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to recover overwritten word document

How to recover overwritten word document: How to recover overwritten word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-overwritten-word-document/e886ffe2-d023-4755-a4e6-6279d60b4614
  6. How to recover overwritten word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover overwritten word document: How to recover overwritten word document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-overwritten-word-document/e886ffe2-d023-4755-a4e6-6279d60b4614
  7. How to recover overwritten word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can unsaved document in Word be recovered?

Can unsaved document in Word be recovered?: I had a number of documents in word I was planning to save doc 1, 2, 3......and did not save them, now I cant find them in unsaved docs. Can they be recovered? Please Help!...
  9. .Recover shredded document in Word

.Recover shredded document in Word: I accidentally sent a document to the shredder that contained my homework this afternoon. I thought I was shredding an earlier version. Now the one I still have is blank. Help - I need to recover it as there was 4 hours of work and research on it. Thank you....
  10. Delted word Document and can't recover because it doesn't appear in recover documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delted word Document and can't recover because it doesn't appear in recover documents: So basically I was in class and was taking notes and writing my final. I have the tendency to just close my computer without saving things, so when I opened it back up I noticed my file wasn't saved and went through the process of trying to recover it, but there was nothing...