Windows 10: Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd

Discus and support Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I don’t have much knowledge on computer but I’ve decided upgrade the drive to ssd by myself. So I use a partition wizard to migrate the os from hdd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xverrew, Mar 16, 2019.

1. xverrew Win User

Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd

I don’t have much knowledge on computer but I’ve decided upgrade the drive to ssd by myself.

So I use a partition wizard to migrate the os from hdd to the ssd with an enclosure.

After I’ve replaced the drive, the screen showed up ‘Recovery....’ ‘error code 0xc000000e’.

If I click Enter/F1/F8, it will just return to the same screen

Esc did work but I don’t know what can I do with this set up.

I’ve googled and said I need a win10 installation usb, but I’m afraid as I reinstall the os, it will format and clear my drive, and I don’t have any backup (I know I’m stupid).

Another point is that many of them said using an win10 usb didn’t work at all.

So what can I do to recover my laptop?

I would really appreciate if someone can help me out

Thanks a lot

:)

xverrew, Mar 16, 2019

2. 0xc000000e

Windows 10 had been successfully installed on SSD for many weeks, then

installed most recent upgrade. Windows started slowly but worked, sometimes

had to reboot and got 0xc000000e error message. Tried another SSD which

worked fine on same system. Went back to bad SSD and got same error message.

Steps:

Windows 10 instal disk placed in CDROM and boot up

Get error message: 0xc000000e

go to command prompt

type the following:

X:\Sources>bootrec /fixmbr -successful

X:\Sources>bootrec /fixboot -successful

X:\Sources>bcedit /export c:\bcdbackup -The store export operation has

failed. Funny, earlier that was successful?

X:\Sources>attrib c:\boot\bcd -h-r-s -File not found

X:\Sources>bootrec /rebuildbcd -Total identified Windows installations:1

X:\Sources>Add installation to boot list? "Y" The requested system device

cannot be found.

HELP

PeterS1957, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Error 0xc000000e required device cannot be found

Hi James,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did Windows 10 come pre-installed on the pc?

Suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by “Jenith_James” from this thread to check if that helps.

Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 16, 2019
  4. abrett3 Win User

Error 0xc000000e No Recovery Disk

I switched from a HDD to a SDD for my ASUS Vivobook F510U. The following day, when I turned on my laptop, the blue recovery screen popped up w/ error 0xc000000e. I don’t have a recovery disk or usb that could use to solve the problem. Is there any way
    I could fix my laptop without a recovery usb? And if I can’t, where would I be able to get a recovery usb?

abrett3, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Recovery 0xc000000e error after upgrading to ssd - Similar Threads - Recovery 0xc000000e error

2. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  3. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD: I'm using Lenovo G50-80, and additionally added an SSD to it aswell some time ago and the person who installed it upgraded it to Windows 10 aswell. Recently I installed new windows 10 using an Installation Media via USB and after installation whenever I start my computer at...
  4. Recovery Error Code 0xc000000e after installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 0xc000000e error after clonning hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0xc000000e error after clonning hdd to ssd: Hi,Today i upgraded my systemlaptop with ssd. I removed the cd/rom and placed hdd with caddy there and ssd to hdd's place. Then i cloned my hdd to ssd and it successfully completed. After that i did the bios settings and the system ran perfectly on ssd. After a few check i...
  6. 0xc000000e error after SSD installation

0xc000000e error after SSD installation: I attempted to install a Gammix S50 Lite 2TB SSD into my MSI GL72 6QD to replace the 1TB HDD it came with. I successfully installed the driver into what had been an empty slot then attempted to close it using the free version of Macrium. I copied each of the partitions from...
  7. Recovery error code 0xc000000e

Recovery error code 0xc000000e: I turned on my computer and was greeted by a blue screen displaying Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed Error code 0xc000000e You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any...
  8. Error 0xc000000e No Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc000000e No Recovery Disk: I switched from a HDD to a SDD for my ASUS Vivobook F510U. The following day, when I turned on my laptop, the blue recovery screen popped up w/ error 0xc000000e. I don’t have a recovery disk or usb that could use to solve the problem. Is there any way I could fix my laptop...
  9. Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD

Windows 10 Error Code 0xc000000e after Clone to SSD: Hi, I have an HP450 Notebook where the HD was set as a Dynamic Drive (as purchased new). In the HP drive shows 4 partitions, HP_Tools, System, Recovery and Windows. I cloned the drive to a Seagate Baracuda 1Tb SSD using MiniTool Partition Wizard. I now cannot get...
  10. Error 0xc000000e after update

Error 0xc000000e after update: I rebooted my PC to update windows. Stuck on the Windows logo. When restart, an error 0xc000000e appeared. Made a boot usb with windows. Automatic repair doesn't work... Tried console commands: Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /rebuildbcd On /fixboot it says...
Tags: