Windows 10: recovery after harddrive failure

Discus and support recovery after harddrive failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; before I had win 10 pro, office 365. The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it. Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by murrayooz, Jul 5, 2019.

1. murrayooz Win User

recovery after harddrive failure

before I had win 10 pro, office 365.

The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it.

Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but no pro and no office 365.

:)

murrayooz, Jul 5, 2019
  2. billybag Win User

Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?

i feel like we are getting a tad off topic, but i am entreated by the suggestion of a NAS setup. i was just going to go for an INTERNAL Harddrive this time around because money is an issue and especially since it seems like i am going to have to pay for data recovery. It is something i will definitely consider down the road

Unless you think a solution would be to get a NAS unit and crack open my external and put it in that?

billybag, Jul 5, 2019
  3. quickie Win User
    System Recovery on Different HardDrive

I got the same harddrive drive, just to be safe.

But I did try putting the recovery disc on another computer. It would seem to work as I got to the recovery options (but obviously didn't install the image).

quickie, Jul 5, 2019
  4. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. recovery after harddrive failure - Similar Threads - recovery harddrive failure

2. Booting recovery from internal harddrive thru BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting recovery from internal harddrive thru BIOS: I have an ASUS laptop windows 10 that is stuck in the BIOS menu. I want to enter recovery mode and format the computer but F9 is not working and I cannot get access to anything but the BIOS menu. Is there a way to do so and if so, how? [IMG]...
  3. License key recovery after Hardware failure.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License key recovery after Hardware failure.: Hi, so originally I got my win10pro license key after upgrading from win7 for free. Today my hardware died and I had to setup a new PC. I have a MS account that I used to login into my old PC. I figured my license key would carry over to my new hardware when I login here...
  4. upgrading harddrive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading harddrive: In my Lenovo Desktop Pc, I want to put a sshd 2TB 2.5" drive in place of the 2.5" 500GB harddrive. In whitch I broke the pins that go to the data cable. That happen at least two years ago. It had had Windows 10 Pro activated on it. However, I purchased a Windows 10 Pro OEM...
  5. Recovery Drive failure upon creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Drive failure upon creation: This morning I formatted a new 16GB Verbatim usb drive. Proceeded to make recovery drive. About 90% finished and it stops with the message problem occurred creating recovery drive. Nothing else so don't know what happened. About the 90% mark a msg came up that Dell had...
  6. OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker: Hello, I've got OneDrive installed in my "D" drive which is an internal harddisk other then my bootup "C" disk. A couple of weeks ago I've encrypted my whole system using BitLocker. My bootdrive is password protected and prompts at startup and after entering the passcode my...
  7. install windows 10 after recovery failure

install windows 10 after recovery failure: Starting with windows 10 version 1709, osbuild 16299.431 I have not been able to install windows 10 updates. The job ends with an error code 0x8007042b. I tried numerous fixes I found on the bulletin boards and finally opened a case with microsoft. They could not get a...
  8. switching harddrives

switching harddrives: is it possible to switch hard drives out of a laptop one in it is running windows 7 and the one i want to put in it is running windows 10pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/switching-harddrives/6e1eb1aa-4f9f-4d58-be07-15fff54ed522
  9. Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?: My external harddrive is relatively new; no more than 2 years. It has been failing to be recognized my my PC and getting an I/O error when in Safe Mode. When not in safe mode, it just stops being recognized by my PC. Explorer also has it labeled as a 7.27TB harddrive when...
  10. Wipe harddrive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wipe harddrive: How do I do a clean install of win 10? Do I format the harddirve and the install win 10 or is that wrong? Would the harddrive make the unit just shutoff and reboot ramdonly? Or will re-install windows cure the problem? Thanks 87681