Windows 10: recovery after harddrive failure

Discus and support recovery after harddrive failure in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; before I had win 10 pro, office 365. The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it. Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by murrayooz, Jul 5, 2019.

1. murrayooz Win User

recovery after harddrive failure

before I had win 10 pro, office 365.

The harddrive failed, the shop replaced it.

Now, I have win 10 home, activated, associated with my account, but no pro and no office 365.

:)

murrayooz, Jul 5, 2019
  2. billybag Win User

Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?

i feel like we are getting a tad off topic, but i am entreated by the suggestion of a NAS setup. i was just going to go for an INTERNAL Harddrive this time around because money is an issue and especially since it seems like i am going to have to pay for data recovery. It is something i will definitely consider down the road

Unless you think a solution would be to get a NAS unit and crack open my external and put it in that?

billybag, Jul 5, 2019
  3. quickie Win User
    System Recovery on Different HardDrive

I got the same harddrive drive, just to be safe.

But I did try putting the recovery disc on another computer. It would seem to work as I got to the recovery options (but obviously didn't install the image).

quickie, Jul 5, 2019
  4. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. recovery after harddrive failure - Similar Threads - recovery harddrive failure

2. Lost windows key due to harddrive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost windows key due to harddrive failure: After having a hard drive failure recently and installing windows 10 on a new drive I can't gain access to my Old windows 10 key and don't know what to do about it. I've tried talking to support but they have not been helpful. I originally had windows 8 on this machine years...
  3. Harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Harddrive: I want to add my hard drive from my old window 7 computer. Will I loose my files to make this work on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/harddrive/9a32850c-d5f6-43f8-9377-1bd50730f5ce
  4. Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive

Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive: Good day, I have an HP 15-r209ni laptop. It came preloaded with Windows 8.1 64 bit which I upgraded for free to Windows 10. The hard disk crashed and I had to format the drive. The drive is now formatted and installed and now ready for a fresh Windows installation. I...
  5. Harddrive failure

Harddrive failure: My harddrive failed and I want to know what I have to do to get my factory windows install back on my new harddrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/harddrive-failure/abbd9b14-d1aa-435f-bda1-68f66cc0df2f"
  6. Booting recovery from internal harddrive thru BIOS

Booting recovery from internal harddrive thru BIOS: I have an ASUS laptop windows 10 that is stuck in the BIOS menu. I want to enter recovery mode and format the computer but F9 is not working and I cannot get access to anything but the BIOS menu. Is there a way to do so and if so, how? [IMG]...
  7. License key recovery after Hardware failure.

License key recovery after Hardware failure.: Hi, so originally I got my win10pro license key after upgrading from win7 for free. Today my hardware died and I had to setup a new PC. I have a MS account that I used to login into my old PC. I figured my license key would carry over to my new hardware when I login here...
  8. OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive failure on secundary harddrive installation using BitLocker: Hello, I've got OneDrive installed in my "D" drive which is an internal harddisk other then my bootup "C" disk. A couple of weeks ago I've encrypted my whole system using BitLocker. My bootdrive is password protected and prompts at startup and after entering the passcode my...
  9. install windows 10 after recovery failure

install windows 10 after recovery failure: Starting with windows 10 version 1709, osbuild 16299.431 I have not been able to install windows 10 updates. The job ends with an error code 0x8007042b. I tried numerous fixes I found on the bulletin boards and finally opened a case with microsoft. They could not get a...
  10. Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Harddrive Failure or Hardware Failure?: My external harddrive is relatively new; no more than 2 years. It has been failing to be recognized my my PC and getting an I/O error when in Safe Mode. When not in safe mode, it just stops being recognized by my PC. Explorer also has it labeled as a 7.27TB harddrive when...