Windows 10: Recovery an user account on windows 10

Discus and support Recovery an user account on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to log onto my outlook email account on my work computer and I accidentally removed the original user account which was the company... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by A.S_840, Nov 28, 2020.

1. A.S_840 Win User

Recovery an user account on windows 10

I was trying to log onto my outlook email account on my work computer and I accidentally removed the original user account which was the company account and now all the files and icons are gone and I don't know how to switch it back. I tried deleting my account and that didn't work.

:)

A.S_840, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Recovery an user account on windows 10 :(

Zakin, Nov 28, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Recovery an user account on windows 10

Windows 10 user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better I would like to know whether you tried creating a Microsoft Account or administrator account

before trying the steps that you have mentioned in the post and did you try creating an account after signing as built in administrator?

I suggest you to try the steps give below and check if it helps.

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

Step 1:

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.

• Select Update &
      security
      and click on Recovery.

• Go to Advanced startup and select
      Restart now.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options
      > Startup Settings >Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.

Step 2.Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator.

• You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account through in built administrator account.

• Follow the below article to create new user account.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

After creating new user account, try to sign in to the new user account and check if the issue persist.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Recovery an user account on windows 10

1. Recovery an user account on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recovery user account

2. File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.: Good Day!!Device: Desktop with Windows 10 ProIssue: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe error No Admin or User AccountWe already do every solutions we find online but the bsod keeps coming back so we just want to install a fresh windows 10 to the pc. I was trying to recover the files from the...
  3. File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.: Good Day!!Device: Desktop with Windows 10 ProIssue: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe error No Admin or User AccountWe already do every solutions we find online but the bsod keeps coming back so we just want to install a fresh windows 10 to the pc. I was trying to recover the files from the...
  4. File Recovery from Windows 10 with no Admin or other User Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. account recovery windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    account recovery windows 10: The password I set does not log into the computer any longer. The email address @ATT.net I set up for recovery no longer exists. they scrapped it How do I get into my computer to reset my password now?...
  6. Windows user account recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows user account recovery: Hey i realised i had two accounts and i made one of them adminstrator and immediately the other account became standard but i didnt need the standard and then deleted it unkowingly there were some files on it So even if i sign in with the same login information i cant find...
  7. User Accounts in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts in Windows 10: Each time I get an update of Windows 10, I have issue with my account on my desktop. I see the administrator account, but I also see another account that is part of my user name. I have no idea how it got created and why I have this issue. Any ideas?...
  8. Windows 10 user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 user accounts: I deleted my Microsoft account under "accounts used for email, calendar. and contacts". But when I did that, windows had me add an account for "accounts used for other apps". However I cannot delete that account, It only has the option to manage that account. Is that account...
  9. Windows 10 User Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 User Accounts: Hi I am using Windows 10 Home single language 1809.When I go into the Accounts settings I couldn't find the family and other users settings.Instead of that I find Other users settings.When I tried to add other user, microsoft console opens showing a message that this feature...
  10. windows 10 user account not there

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 user account not there: I have downloaded windows 10 and set up my user account and tried to add family but on the email it says account activated but when I go to the family user page no one is there. So start adding family again and it says this person in part of your family. I feel like getting...