Windows 10: Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

Discus and support Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot. Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gid'-alert(1)-', Jun 12, 2019.

1. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

I forced reinstalled my windows 10 after my boot got corrupted by deleting linux on dual boot.

Now I used diskpart to wipe my SSD before I began installation. When the Win10 installation is finished. I noticed that I have Recovery and EFI Partitions on Disk management. I'm expecting System Reserved Partition because based on some forums, you can only get System Reserved Partition if you successfully clean installed the windows 10.

so that I think I believed that I didn't clean install my Windows 10 because im getting Recovery and EFI partitions.

Please help how to can i get only System Reserved Partition not Recovery and EFI.

Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition 547c4c3b-b3ad-4f74-ae24-cfc81eaa523c?upload=true.png

:)

Gid'-alert(1)-', Jun 12, 2019

2. Problem with the "Reserved Partition"; Error: "We can't upgrade the system reserved partition."

If it’s a GPT disk, it doesn't have a system reserved partition but efi partition. On MBR disk, Windows 10 requires a 500MB system reserved partition, while 100MB in Windows 7, so you can try to extend system reserved partition.

In disk management, you can only extend partition using the unallocated space next to its right side. so even if you shrink D: drive, the option to extend the efi partition is still grayed out. My suggestion is to use a third party software, AOMEI Partition Assistant, both the standard (free) or the Professional(paid) version can extend partition as long as there is unallocated space on that hard drive. to see more information read:

Fix "We Couldn’t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error

Youngwarlord, Jun 12, 2019
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Jun 12, 2019
  4. DeniseJM Win User

Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc.

Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows and a partition named Recovery Partition,
    which Windows also created when I installed Windows. It was a brand new hard drive, never before used, when I installed Windows on it. Windows won't allow me to delete either of these partitions/merge them with my C or D partitions. I don't understand why
    I have both a Recovery partition and a System Reserved partition. Isn't the Recovery partition something that Windows 7 used to create? I never had Windows 7.

Also, on my S drive which Windows labelled Disk 4, there is also a 468Mb Recovery partition that Windows created. I don't understand why Windows created this partition on this hard drive. It has no system files on it. Windows didn't create a Recovery
    partition on any of my other hard drive. All of my hard drives are WD Caviar Black, 1T and 2T.

I know that Windows 10 Home needs a System Reserved partition but can someone explain the reason for all these other partitions? They're so small in size that I'm not concerned about the room they're taking up on the hard drives but I especially am interested
    in the reason Windows created a Recovery partition on my S drive. I tried to merge the partitions but Windows wouldn't do it. I then tried EaseUS Partition Manager and it couldn't merge the partitions either.

Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition 4e755b21-a39d-4d2a-b329-7e1c4173efac?upload=true.png

DeniseJM, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition

1. Recovery and EFI partition instead of System Reserved partition - Similar Threads - Recovery EFI partition

2. Is it ok if there is no system reserved partition but instead has EFI and recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it ok if there is no system reserved partition but instead has EFI and recovery partition?: I made a clean installation on my old Windows 10. During installation, I deleted every partition including system reserved partition. Will this cause any problem or am I in the clear? submitted by /u/Beautiful_Bass_9484 [link] [comments]...
  3. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  4. Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......: This guide is intended for educational purposes only.A fresh and clean installation is always the best thing to do, because in addition to a bug-free Windows experience, everything outside the Windows environment like the EFI partition, Recovery partition, and overall system...
  5. Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloning System Partition, Recreating EFI & Recovery partitions......: This guide is intended for educational purposes only.A fresh and clean installation is always the best thing to do, because in addition to a bug-free Windows experience, everything outside the Windows environment like the EFI partition, Recovery partition, and overall system...
  6. Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating Recovery and EFI System Partition: Hello,I've just installed Windows 10 on my new SSD and formatted the HDD that had Windows 10 on it before. I just realized in Disk Management that the old HDD has the Recovery and EFI System Partitions. How would I go about adding those to the SSD instead?Thanks....
  7. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  8. Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition: I built a WIN 10 (home version) desktop a few months back with a single SSD as its C Drive. It all works fine. Today I went to clone that drive using Samsung Data Migration. Disk Management shows that my originating SSD has both a healthy, primary bootable (main) partition...
  9. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  10. EFI and Recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI and Recovery partitions.: new hp pavilion laptop, the 2 default partitions besides C: notice they are 100% free space, they both are before C: , however posts I have been reading call for them to be after C: for rebuilding them? -EFI system partition, according to wikipedia this is: "When a...