Windows 10: recovery boot configuration data error

Discus and support recovery boot configuration data error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, so my hp probook has come up with this error code 0xc000000f saying the boot configuration data for pc is missing or contains errors. Will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alasdair, May 21, 2016.

1. Alasdair Win User

recovery boot configuration data error

Hi guys, so my hp probook has come up with this error code 0xc000000f saying the boot configuration data for pc is missing or contains errors. Will need to use recovery tools. How do I fix this problem? My pc doesn't have a cd drive but I have the discs. Please could someone help would be much appreciated.

:)

Alasdair, May 21, 2016

2. Boot Configuration Data Recovery

I recently have been having issues with my computer that is running Windows 10. One day, the computer started up and showed a screen that said my PC/Device needs to be repaired it then said that the boot configuration data doesn't contain valid information
    for an operating system, I then created a boot recovery drive using Windows 10 and a usb then went to the recovery settings and troubleshooting, from there I looked up the commands I needed to repair the boot files, I did one and it worked successfully but
    then I did the next, and it said access denied, in all of the instructions I saw this was never an issue, can someone help?

RobertMaglione, May 21, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2016
  4. recovery boot configuration data error

You have 2 options:
    Either buy an external CD drive (Usually cheap), or make the recovery tools on a USB Flashdrive. Please choose your option, inform me of it, and I will guide you if you need help. *Smile

AbAppletic, May 21, 2016
  5. Alasdair Win User
    Thanks. Can I download the recovery tool from my tablet and put it on a USB flash? Some guide nice would be great thanks very much.

Alasdair, May 21, 2016
  6. Hi again.
    Please follow This article. If you're having troubles, please reply. *Smile
    Also, please send me a PM claiming you replied, that way I know when you reply.

AbAppletic, May 21, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    The best tool for fixing boot problems has proven to be Macrium Reflect. Kyhi's recovery drive contains Macrium Reflect. Format a USB Flash Drive as FAT32. Download Kyhi's ISO file. Mount the ISO file. Copy all the files folders from the mounted ISO file to the USB Flash Drive. In disk management right click on the FAT32 partition on the USB flash drive and set it as active. Boot the computer with the problem from the USB flash drive, run Macrium Reflect. Under the restore menu is a utility to fix windows startup/boot problems.

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

NavyLCDR, May 21, 2016
  8. recovery boot configuration data error

Please do as Navy said above, but first see if the HP recovery disk works out for you, since it is quicker and simpler. Otherwise, do as Navy said.

AbAppletic, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

recovery boot configuration data error

1. recovery boot configuration data error - Similar Threads - recovery boot configuration

2. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with boot configuration data: Hello,I am currently in the process of fixing up an old laptop to play some games on. A couple days ago, I tried to do a complete system reset in order to refresh the laptop, as it has been running slow for the past few years. It told me I didn’t have enough space to reset,...
  3. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with boot configuration data: Hello,I am currently in the process of fixing up an old laptop to play some games on. A couple days ago, I tried to do a complete system reset in order to refresh the laptop, as it has been running slow for the past few years. It told me I didn’t have enough space to reset,...
  4. Need help with boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to update boot configuration data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to update boot configuration data: Hey, microsoft Well I have a asus vivobook gaming laptop with windows 10 already installed and activated. I was happy with my laptop. one day my laptop was acting kinda weird so i decided to reset my laptop. once i went to settings/update and security/recovery and I hit get...
  6. Boot configuration data file error

Boot configuration data file error: Hello, my PC started having issue when the wifi connection fot disconnected then it froze. Once I tried to connect to wifi by right clicking and selecting MANUAL connection, the blue screen appears as photo below. [ATTACH] Then the system restarted and the another blue...
  7. Boot Configuration Data Error

Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...
  8. boot configuration data is missing or contain error

boot configuration data is missing or contain error: what recovery tools are needed to fix error code 0xc00000039 windows 10 on acer switch 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center * Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  9. Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225: After my computer updated, I cannot access Windows anymore. It boots up, then loads in with a black screen with the Windows Boot Manager telling me that Windows failed to start, File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Bcd , Status: 0xc0000225 , Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC...
  10. The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors

The boot configuration data for your pc is missing or contains errors: So I have been literally trying to fix my windows not being able to boot at all for more than 12 hours straight till now. I almost read every single article and troubleshooting step on the web to find a solution but nothing seems to work. I will keep it short as much as I...