Windows 10: Recovery/boot up issue

Discus and support Recovery/boot up issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My surface pro 4 doesn't boot up. Just a blue screen with this message: Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shuse21, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Recovery/boot up issue

My surface pro 4 doesn't boot up. Just a blue screen with this message:

Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code: 0xc000000e You'll need to use recovery tools. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PX/Device manufacturer.

At a total loss of what to do.

submitted by /u/shuse21
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shuse21, Oct 31, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Oct 31, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Recovery/boot up issue

Recovery image not working - Windows could not update the boot configuration

Hi Paulie,

This issue might occur due to the damaged/corrupted boot records. We suggest that you recreate the boot configuration manually. Follow the steps below:

• Boot into System Recovery Options, and select the Command prompt entry (It will open the
      Command Prompt at boot).
    • Select your admin account, and enter your account password to continue.
    • Type the command chkdsk /r.
    • After the check disk is completed, you may try booting the computer and check if that resolves the issue. If the issue still persists; then, try running the
      SFC scan using SFC /SCANNOW command to rebuild/recover the corrupted system files on the computer.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Recovery/boot up issue

1. Recovery/boot up issue - Similar Threads - Recovery boot issue

2. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  3. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  4. Boot up issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot up issue: So i have a MSI bravo 15 and there is a boot up issue whenever i on my laptop the boot up screen or the loading screen of the logo msi appears then it dissapears then it shows a black screen for like 5 min and it boots up again where it shows the loading screen and its...
  5. Boot up issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot up issue: So i have a MSI bravo 15 and there is a boot up issue whenever i on my laptop the boot up screen or the loading screen of the logo msi appears then it dissapears then it shows a black screen for like 5 min and it boots up again where it shows the loading screen and its...
  6. Boot Up From Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Up From Recovery Drive: So, I made a recovery drive on a USB. Easy enough. Now, as far as researching exactly how to get to the boot selection menu should I ever have trouble, I'm seeing like 97 different answers What is the way to get to the boot selection menu? If there are several methods, what...
  7. Boot up issue...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot up issue...: Before when I open or restart my HP laptop it usually show the icon HP and then after a few sec the mouse cursor is already in the middle of the screen and right away my login screen will appear or lock screen because I have to put my password first. That`s the normal...
  8. Boot up issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot up issues: Hi so recently have received a new windows 10 gaming computer for Christmas but has a few boot up issues, When i turn on my computer it stays on the boot up screen and does nothing, the only way to fix it is to manually restart it by the case and it works after that. I did in...
  9. Issues on boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues on boot up: Hi, I have a old Lenovo SL500 that I use as a cheap media box. I've got Windows 10 installed on it and it has been running great up until this morning. When I came down it was not responding to RDP requests and it was not listed on Teamviewer. Looking at the machine all...
  10. Boot up issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot up issues: Since updating to windows 10 I have to boot up twice. When i first boot up the computer switches itself off after about 10 secs. I switch it back on again and it usually boots into windows fine. This happens every time I boot up and is annoying more than anything. Any ideas...