Windows 10: Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files

Discus and support Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The cmd in the advanced options cannot access the C Drive, but it can access the D drive Although, in administrator cmd, it can access BOTH with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bruhhh, Jan 25, 2021.

1. bruhhh Win User

Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files

The cmd in the advanced options cannot access the C Drive, but it can access the D drive

Although, in administrator cmd, it can access BOTH with no problem, top 2 pics are recovery cmd, bottom 2 are normal admin cmd

I doubt it's corruption, and think its just administrative restrictions, but idk.

:)

bruhhh, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Hashbeth Win User

How to access a file within C:\Recovery\Customizations\usmt.ppkg

Recently I received a notice from Windows Defender warning of a potentially found Trojan within usmt.ppkg in the C:\Recovery Drive. The information on the file was listed thus:

containerfile:_C:\Recovery\Customizations\usmt.ppkg;

file:_C:\Recovery\Customizations\usmt.ppkg->\ICB\0\MachineSpecific\File\C$\Windows\Installer\1fbc9.msi

After talking with windows support/checking with other antiviruses, this appears to be a false positive. However, to be sure, I'm trying to actually access the specific .msi file within usmt.ppkg so that I can upload to windows for scanning. The total usmt.ppkg
    file is 4.5 gigabytes in size, and far too big to upload.

Is there a way to access or isolate the specific .msi file from within usmt.ppkg? I have been trying to do so to no avail.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide on this.

Hashbeth, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Windows and CMD- renaming a file in CMD

Steps I've done

Here what happens

• turn on PC

• start windows

• get blue screen ( message NTFS file)

• it reboots returns to diagnosing PC

• Diagnose and repair fails

• I move to advance options

• will not reset windows , I click on CMD

things I've tried
    commands:

reagentc /disable

reagentc /enable

*************************FAILED
    not recognized

Please advise

RandallBrock, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Getting full access to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

Hey x509,
    IIRC ... it's not actually a corrupt entry, but a special permission/condition (Exists:WIN://SYSAPPID) for Users(Pc-Name\Users) and shouldn't be removed. If you must change permissions on the WindowsApps folder and/or sub folders/files .... I suggest you get familiar with ICACLS first and save the current WindowsApps Folder / Sub Folders / File permissions to a acl.txt file, so you can restore them in case you break something (which is very likely when messing with permissions)

ICACLS - iCacls - Modify Access Control List - Windows CMD - SS64.com

Eagle51, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Recovery cmd cannot access C:\ files - Similar Threads - Recovery cmd cannot

2. Recovery cmd can only access usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery cmd can only access usb flash drive: Whenever I try to access my main drive from the recovery cmd it just goes to my usb flash drive. I have done the list vol stuff and it says the only one accessible is the usb flash drive. How do I access my main drive from the recovery cmd?...
  3. Recovery cmd can only access usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery cmd can only access usb flash drive: Whenever I try to access my main drive from the recovery cmd it just goes to my usb flash drive. I have done the list vol stuff and it says the only one accessible is the usb flash drive. How do I access my main drive from the recovery cmd?...
  4. Cannot access files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access files: I keep getting this error. It happened after I downloaded a script. Does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-files/321d9219-ea6e-4de3-83f8-5e934aa74f51
  5. Cannot access files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access files: I keep getting this error. It happened after I downloaded a script. Does anyone know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-files/321d9219-ea6e-4de3-83f8-5e934aa74f51
  6. CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD to delete 'autorecovered' files from c:: What would be the cmd instruction to delete files on C: including 'autorecovered' in the name and have extension .xlsb So, files that would show up after: C:\>dir /s *autorecovered*.xlsb They show up in various sub folders within:...
  7. Cannot gain access to C drive

Cannot gain access to C drive: So I went to properties on my disk drive and clicked security, I messed around with the permissions as I was trying to do something but after I went back on it, there is only 1 user compared to my other drive which has 4. I am only able to read on my drive and I've tried the...
  8. Windows 10 File Recovery Application cmd

Windows 10 File Recovery Application cmd: while using Windows10 file recovery application Can we scan only for a specific period of time or for a specific range of file size to avoid recovery of thousands of un necessary files?...
  9. Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows CMD cannot access file ERROR: Doc1.docx Anyone solution to this problem pops up randomly and disturbs my game play 117134
  10. Cannot access recovery partition in hdd

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access recovery partition in hdd: Hi guys...... I need to recover my os..... The problem is I bought a new ssd and added it and cloned my os to the ssd...... The recovery partition that my asus rog came with is in my hdd...... How do I access it and how do I recover the os to its original state..... The hdd...