Windows 10: Recovery D Drive

Discus and support Recovery D Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. Yesterday, there was a message stating my Recovery D drive is almost full. I don't how this happen. The only files in this drive is the Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sarassie, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Sarassie Win User

Recovery D Drive

Hello. Yesterday, there was a message stating my Recovery D drive is almost full. I don't how this happen. The only files in this drive is the Recovery folder, WindowsApp and WpSystem. Is there a way to clear the folders or compress files for space? Thank you.

:)

Sarassie, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DRecovery D Drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DRecovery D Drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 9, 2019
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Recovery D Drive

D drive Recovery

I had windows 8.1 installed on my laptop. I then upgraded to windows 10 but found that something was not going right. I decided to go to settings and clicked on update&security. I then went on Recovery and clicked on "Reset this PC". I had 2 partition which
    was D drive Recovery and one was C drive. When I began resetting windows 10, I actually remembered that I had forgotten to backup everything from D drive Recovery. And Now after resetting windows 10 to a fresh start, my "D Drive Recovery partition" is actually
    empty which means I lost everything in D drive.

Can someone help how can i get all the files which was on D drive. is there any way to get all the files back?

Hazara Hussain, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Recovery D Drive

1. Recovery D Drive - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive

2. Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update: I have generally created a new recovery drive image after each Windows Update - which is generally monthly. I actually create two just to be on the safeside. Following the April 2024 update the creation of the image fails when about 95% complete. I have rebooted the computer...
  3. Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Create Recovery Drive Utility after April 2024 Windows Update: I have generally created a new recovery drive image after each Windows Update - which is generally monthly. I actually create two just to be on the safeside. Following the April 2024 update the creation of the image fails when about 95% complete. I have rebooted the computer...
  4. My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  5. My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.

My D drive was locked by bitlocker. You recover that or give me the recovery key.: My D drive was locked automatically by bitlocker and i was not enable that so, i have no recovery key and after that i reinstall the window 11 then the same thing show D drive was locked . I have very personal data in it so please find some solution for it . You recover that...
  6. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  7. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  8. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11: Model: HP Envy TE01-4000Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22631, Build 22631. I cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11 Home Edition. Has it been included into Home Edition? If not, can download/buy it somewhere?...
  10. cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11

cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11: Model: HP Envy TE01-4000Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22631, Build 22631. I cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11 Home Edition. Has it been included into Home Edition? If not, can download/buy it somewhere?...