Windows 10: Recovery D drive

Discus and support Recovery D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I lost my Recovery D drive months ago, how do I re-install it ?.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimTierney2, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Recovery D drive

I lost my Recovery D drive months ago, how do I re-install it ?.

:)

JimTierney2, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DRecovery D drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DRecovery D drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Aug 2, 2020
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Recovery D drive

Recovery D Drive

Hi,

This is one of the known issues with the update as Recovery partition should be hidden and is accidentally assigned a drive letter.

Right-click Start>Command Prompt(admin)or Powershell(admin)

Type in the following commands one by one:

diskpart

list volume

select volume 3

Replace 3 with the number of the volume which is assigned a drive letter. (In hundreds of MBs)

remove letter="D"

Replace D with the Recovery drive letter.

Also, see:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Don't worry, removing a drive letter would not cause any harm to your device.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Recovery D drive

1. Recovery D drive - Similar Threads - Recovery drive

2. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  3. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found: Hello,My surface pro 6 just refused to log in windows one day. It was not possible to do recovery. i tried to reinstall windows with a bootable USB, however, when it was time to install, i got the 'No device drivers were found' message.I then downloaded RST driver on intel...
  4. Surface pro 6 : cannot enter recovery, cannot reinstall, no drives found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11: Model: HP Envy TE01-4000Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22631, Build 22631. I cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11 Home Edition. Has it been included into Home Edition? If not, can download/buy it somewhere?...
  6. cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11

cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11: Model: HP Envy TE01-4000Windows 11 Home, Version 10.0.22631, Build 22631. I cannot find "Create a recovery Drive" Tool on Windows 11 Home Edition. Has it been included into Home Edition? If not, can download/buy it somewhere?...
  7. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  8. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  9. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  10. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....