Windows 10: Recovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden

Discus and support Recovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Was trying to copy a video on a disc and now the "Recovery (D)" is red and almost full. What happened, and how to I empty/delete to get space back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeatriceG2013, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Recovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden

Was trying to copy a video on a disc and now the "Recovery (D)" is red and almost full. What happened, and how to I empty/delete to get space back?

:)

BeatriceG2013, Jul 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sudden Red Screen

Hi Hargens,

In most cases, red screen on Windows 10 is caused by a hardware error, or incompatible drivers. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode.
    If the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, you'll know that the default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing the issue.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Not enough space on Recovery (DRecovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DRecovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Recovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden

Recovery D : bootmgr.efi

My recovery drive is RED RED RED and I am trying to clean it up, I went on another forum and saw what files to not erase but there are several in my recovery folder that are not on the list can I just erase those files or are they also needed. I know not
    to erase the bootmgr file but I have a bootmgr.efi file that seems to be taking up a lot of memory. What needs to stay and what needs to go I know not to touch these files : RECOVERY, $RECYCLE.BIN, boot, hp, PC-Doctor, pcdr, or PRELOAD.

JessicaBurch, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Recovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden

1. Recovery (D) is red and almost full all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Recovery red almost

2. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  3. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL: Yesterday my C: Drive had 20.7gb free out of 110gb, but today suddenly it shows 6.7gb free out of 110gb, the available disk space keeps changing, like sometimes its 9gb sometimes its 6gb, i have used SFC /Scannow, Dism restorehealth, and i have checked if there is any virus...
  4. C: DRIVE SUDDENLY ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Drive D is 90% full: Need to know if I move my program files to a seperate removable hard drive if this will allow space on my D drive and speed up my computer speed? My D Drive is at 10% fee and my C drive have 80% free....
  6. Recovery Drive D is 90% full

Recovery Drive D is 90% full: Need to know if I move my program files to a seperate removable hard drive if this will allow space on my D drive and speed up my computer speed? My D Drive is at 10% fee and my C drive have 80% free....
  7. Recovery D: is almost full [1.86 gb free of 15.6 gb]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery D: is almost full [1.86 gb free of 15.6 gb]: Hi, my laptop is an HP Pavilion running on Intel core i5 8th gen and windows 11 as of Nov 2021Lately, like in the last six months to a year, my laptop has been slower and slower. I use it mostly for college via a chrome browser and I recently noticed my recovery disk is...
  8. Recovery D: is almost full [1.86 gb free of 15.6 gb]

Recovery D: is almost full [1.86 gb free of 15.6 gb]: Hi, my laptop is an HP Pavilion running on Intel core i5 8th gen and windows 11 as of Nov 2021Lately, like in the last six months to a year, my laptop has been slower and slower. I use it mostly for college via a chrome browser and I recently noticed my recovery disk is...
  9. Full Recovery(D:) drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full Recovery(D:) drive: My Recovery(D:) drive has always said it was almost full. (contained 13.5 gigabytes of content) I entered Settings >> System >> Storage >> Recovery(D:) >> Other and then it said, "We couldn't find any files to show you." Here's a screenshot(ish): [IMG]...
  10. Recovery D: ALMOST FULL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery D: ALMOST FULL: Computer running VERY SLOW so I decided to do some clean up. Went into storage there to see what I could do. The RECOVER STORAGE shows really full so I decided to investigate. I know you've got to be careful in this area of the computer so I was just investigating to start...