Windows 10: Recovery Device Needs To Be Repaired Error 0xc0000185

Discus and support Recovery Device Needs To Be Repaired Error 0xc0000185 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Lo que sucedió fue lo que me dijo cayo arriba el mouse en mi computadora portátil Dell y tuve que forzar reiniciar y ahora aparece un cartel que dice:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EnzoDell, Oct 4, 2018.

1. EnzoDell Win User

Recovery Device Needs To Be Repaired Error 0xc0000185

Lo que sucedió fue lo que me dijo cayo arriba el mouse en mi computadora portátil Dell y tuve que forzar reiniciar y ahora aparece un cartel que dice:

El dispositivo de recuperación necesita ser reparado

error 0xc0000185

Porfavor necesito ayuda

:)

EnzoDell, Oct 4, 2018

2. Error code: 0xc0000185

Error code 0xc0000185 can be caused by damaged or corrupted startup files or errors on the hard disk. Did the issue happen while updating your Windows 10 device?

Pressing Enter will instruct Windows to automatically fix the boot problem. Should the issue continue, you can use a Windows 10 installation media as stated in your screenshot. You can create one using the
    Media Creation Tool installed on a different machine.
    Arul_D provided steps on how to resolve
    Error code 0xc0000185 on his response from this
    thread.
    He also provided a link on how to create an installation media for Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Your computer needs to be repaired. Error: 0Xc0000185

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your PC for the problem and then tries to fix it so your PC can start correctly.

If the issue persists even after startup repair I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bootrec /scanos
    • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Recovery. Your pc or device needs to be repaired

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Startup repair. To do that, follow these steps:

• Using you installation media, access the Windows recovery environment.
    • Select Troubleshoot
    • Choose Advanced option
    • Choose Automatic Repair or Startup Repair.
    • Once done, your system will restart.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery Device Needs To Be Repaired Error 0xc0000185 - Similar Threads - Recovery Device Needs

2. Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired: Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-pcdevice-needs-to-be-repaired/38340b29-8334-4360-9c57-9f7c258af95a
  3. Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired: Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-pcdevice-needs-to-be-repaired/38340b29-8334-4360-9c57-9f7c258af95a
  4. Recovery Pc/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: I got new laptop and installed Windows 11. After few updates, this message showed File: \BCD, Error code: 0xc0000098. I tried all options they got for me and nothing worked unless i pluged in USB with Windows and wrote following commandes in Command Prompt:bootrec /fixbootren...
  6. Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: I got new laptop and installed Windows 11. After few updates, this message showed File: \BCD, Error code: 0xc0000098. I tried all options they got for me and nothing worked unless i pluged in USB with Windows and wrote following commandes in Command Prompt:bootrec /fixbootren...
  7. Error Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Error Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contain errors. File: \Windows\system32\config\system Error code: 0xc00000e9 Choose on of the options below to address this problem Press Esc for rcovery Press Enter to try again...
  8. Repair drive errors blue Recovery screen 0xc0000185 error code

Repair drive errors blue Recovery screen 0xc0000185 error code: I downloaded Pycharm on Jetbrains website on Tuesday night and installed it the same night. Then a message from Security and Maintenance appeared saying ”you have some files that needs to be repaired” and informed me that windows will restart itself after repairing those...
  9. Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Imgur: The magic of the Internet I googled it and tried some solutions but none of them worked. This is a friend's laptop. Not sure what they did to make this happen but we wanted to sell it and split the profits so I would prefer if it were in working order. Thanks. 136492
  10. Windows 10 Your pc/device needs to be repaired error code 0xc0000185

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Your pc/device needs to be repaired error code 0xc0000185: I use an Asus FX504 Laptop and yesterday when I was using my laptop it started lagging really bad and the screen froze. I pressed the power button and when I restarted my laptop today it loaded and had preparing automatic repair. after that an error with a blue screen showed...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Device needs to be repaired 0000185

2. 0xc0000185 the equipment or device needs recovery