Windows 10: Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems

Discus and support Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The Windows 10 Recovery Disk Creation Tool asks for a 16 GB USB drive. After many failures with multiple ports and several 16 GB drives, I finally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by David Unangst, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems

The Windows 10 Recovery Disk Creation Tool asks for a 16 GB USB drive. After many failures with multiple ports and several 16 GB drives, I finally tried a 32 GB drive. Success on the first try. This is on a new Dell Inspiron 27 7000 All in one (7775). My other 3 Windows 10 systems are able to make Recovery Disks on a 16 GB drive. Microsoft needs to change the tool to ask for a disk that is big enough to work!

Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for  some systems 1197cf68-fa88-496f-a5e0-5a282b1401de?upload=true.png

:)

David Unangst, Apr 30, 2019

2. Unable to use repair disk and system image recovery as it will not work

Hello,

Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing.

Please provide us more information help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Did you receive any error message or error code?

• What is the error that you receive while performing system image recovery through repair disk?

• What all troubleshooting steps have you done?

Reply with necessary information to help you better.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Recovery Disks

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

In order to create a recovery disk, follow the steps below:

• Type “Recovery” in search box and press Enter.
    • Select the option to create a recovery disc and follow the prompts to create a recovery disc.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems

Cannot create a recovery disk on my "Upgraded" W10 systems

Hi Jorg,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about creating a recovery disk on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing System files.

I suggest you to perform the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Also refer to the below Microsoft article: Refresh is part of reset in Windows 10

And: Repair & recovery

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems

1. Recovery Disk must be greater than 16 GB for some systems - Similar Threads - Recovery Disk must

2. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16 gb 7.88 gb usable: HelloI have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont...
  3. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16 gb 7.88 gb usable: HelloI have a 16gb ram but it only use 7.88 gb out of it.How do i fix this.Ive already did any other fix method such as going to msconfic,going to setting,about pc and device protection.If you are about to say go to bios and turn on memory mapping my a68hm k motherboard dont...
  4. 16 gb 7.88 gb usable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16 GB only 2.1 GB usable: 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-only-21-gb-usable/6bce321f-0d6c-40d7-acaf-62d5ea504573
  6. 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable

in Windows 10 Customization
    16 GB only 2.1 GB usable: 16 GB only 2.1 GB usable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-only-21-gb-usable/6bce321f-0d6c-40d7-acaf-62d5ea504573
  7. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...
  8. Android greater than 2.2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Android greater than 2.2: Is Windows 10 Version 1809 Android greater than 2.2 for downloading a new app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-greater-than-22/1306a211-fb53-4e1e-a475-ee0efa0cbadc
  9. Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk: My 32GB Windows 10 Home PC (recently upgraded from 8.1) is low on disk space. I deleted Windows.old and I have hibernation disabled. Apart from a few browsers, very little else is installed, yet I only have 11.7GB left? One reason may be the size of the Windows folder:...
  10. Storage bug? summary capacity & usage greater than disk/partition size

in Windows 10 Support
    Storage bug? summary capacity & usage greater than disk/partition size: re Settings -> System -> Storage It seems as though Windows 10 can add some, but not necessarily all new or detected partitions to an aggregate capacity under the label This PC (C: ) Even if the partitions are empty NTFS or RAW (inc. Linux Swap?) also include them as...