Windows 10: Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

Discus and support Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please I recently was given a HP ProBook 6460b Laptop with brokenhard drive I have tried putting the operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam02, Feb 28, 2018.

1. sam02 Win User

Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

Hi guys can I ask for a little advice please

I recently was given a HP ProBook 6460b Laptop with brokenhard drive I have tried putting the operating system on a bootable usb flashdrive just to see if the computer works with no luck.

I have downloaded an iso for the operation system and whenit gets to the point of putting in the serial number in it says this operating systemwas installed by the manufacture and to contact them for support, this I didand they were not very helpful

I thought it would just be a case of installing windows 7from a iso using the serial number on the back of the computer but I found that’snot the case

So can anyone point me in the right direction to get a setof reco0very disks for the model please

Regards

:)

sam02, Feb 28, 2018

2. WIFI probem

I have a windows 10 Hp laptop ProBook 6460b suddenly my wifi adapter does turn on(doesn't respond when It turn it on) and the airplane mode is off

GODWINKATEMI, Feb 28, 2018
  3. Koidres Win User
    Windows 10 internal microphone don't work

Hi! Yes, I updated drivers trough Device Manager. Model is HP ProBook 6460b, but I'm not sure how to chek PC make number. External mic is woking properly.

Koidres, Feb 28, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    You should be able to load the W7 OS from an ISO and use the key printed on a label somewhere on the laptop. You did say W7, right? You need to use the Windows key, and not a system serial number. You also need to be sure you have the correct version of W7 to install present in the ISO. Where are you getting the ISO from?

If the system ever had W10 installed and activated, you could install that as well. Even if it didn't, I'm hearing that the activation using a W7 key is still working.

What was "broke" on the original drive? Did you try doing a recovery from it at all?

Worse case, you can contact HP to purchase a set of recovery media:
    HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive | HP® Customer Support

simrick, Feb 28, 2018
  5. sam02 Win User
    Hi yes the computer was running widows 7 pro i think it was a 64 bit machine

I downloaded the iso from Microsoft

Not sure what you mean about (You need to use the Windows key, and not a system serial number) i was using the serial number COE from the back of the computer.

The original computer had been dropped onto the floor and i think the hard drive is stuck and the computer will not see it it says no drive present so not able to do a recovery from that

Thanks for the link to hp support but there does not seem to be recovery dvd for this model

sam02, Feb 28, 2018
  6. sam02 Win User
    Hi ive just tried to download the correct iso just in case the one i tried was the wrong one and this is the message i got after inputting the serial number from the back of the computer. so it look like i need the original recovery dvd.

So i dont know what to do next

Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b [​IMG]

sam02, Feb 28, 2018
  7. cereberus Win User
    Run showkeyplus and use check product key option, enter the key you are using to check it, click on key to hide it and post image.

cereberus, Feb 28, 2018
  8. sam02 Win User

Sorry do you mean post it to this site. I am not at home at the moment but I will have a go when I get home

sam02, Feb 28, 2018
  9. simrick Win User
    Okay, that's correct - the Windows Key Code, COA.

Sometimes drives that are not seen by Windows are still recoverable using special software. Just wonder if you might be able to recover the "recovery partition" and use that for install...would be a bit complicated though.

Computer Surgeons - Win 7 Pro 64 Bit Recovery Kit XW463AV For HP Probook Model Number 6460b Notebook PC
    Unfortunately, that's for US. For EU, see this post:
    Solved: Download recovery disk for Probook 6460b - HP Support Forum - 6186288
    You'll get that when using an OEM Key Code.
    You can grab MS ISOs using the Windows ISO Downloader from heidoc to get around that problem.

Cereberus has a good idea. Do run that, plug in the COA Key and click it to hide all but the last 5 numbers. Post it and let's see what you've got.
    ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Feb 28, 2018
  10. simrick Win User
    You could also try installing W10 and then activate it using the W7 key code. I have heard that this is still working.

simrick, Feb 28, 2018
  11. RickC Win User
    The COA sticker will indicate the Windows edition (1) and architecture ('bitness')/language (2).

What exactly does your COA sticker show at 1 and 2?

RickC, Feb 28, 2018
  12. "I recently was given a HP ProBook 6460b Laptop with brokenhard drive"
    I certainly hope you can follow-up with the recommendations but how will you able to if the HDD is broken?
    NOTE: The product key consists of a mixture of 25 characters: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 28, 2018
  13. sam02 Win User

Hi here are the show key details

The windows details on the COA are

Windows 7 Pro OA
    X16 - 96076

sam02, Feb 28, 2018
  14. RickC Win User
    X16 - 96076 appears to be Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit. You wanted an ISO file but this specific one appears to be unavailable.

Other HP owners (with OEM installs, i.e. SLIC-activated) with the same issue have apparently used an X17-24281 ISO (DVD, 3.09 GB) successfully. Other available ISO's have apparently not worked with their COA. See this SevenForums post for more info.

Hope this helps...

RickC, Feb 28, 2018
  15. You can also go to Belarc - System Management For The Internet Age. Software license management, IT asset management, IT security, Cyber Security.. I just ran it on my Windows 7 computer and it provides the product key and Windows version and bittedness as well as other useful information.

Go through simrick's link to HP and see if you can order the proper install disc for your computer.

If that doesn't work out go to RestoreDisks.com. Call them up to verify that you are providing them the information they need. One of their requirements is to have the correct product key and now that you have that, you'll be good to order.

Good luck.

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b - Similar Threads - Recovery disks ProBook

2. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER: Hi there! Im from a big company in Bulgaria, "Svilosa transport". I have a problem with one of our laptop HP probook 450 gb, he have a bitlocker activated on it. Our user dont know how this is activated and his files are very important, i want to know is it posibble to help...
  3. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER: Hi there! Im from a big company in Bulgaria, "Svilosa transport". I have a problem with one of our laptop HP probook 450 gb, he have a bitlocker activated on it. Our user dont know how this is activated and his files are very important, i want to know is it posibble to help...
  4. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Adding a Camera to HP Probook 6570B

Adding a Camera to HP Probook 6570B: Hi, i have an HP probook 6570b. Its variant doesnt have a built in camera on it. Is there a way i can buy that same camera and have it added and installed similar to the variants that has one? Or should i just stick with the external cam. Also i wanna add the phone jack at...
  6. Bluetooth Driver for HP Probook 6460b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Driver for HP Probook 6460b: I have an HP ProBook 6460b laptop with me but I can not see Bluetooth device in "Device Manager" and it does not connect with any blue tooth device i.e. Bluetooth speaker or handsfree. I much explored for driver on all search engines but could not found its driver. Kindly...
  7. No v1903 for HP ProBook?

No v1903 for HP ProBook?: My new HP ProBook G6 450 currently on v1809 OS Build 17763.832 isn't being offered v1903 via Windows update despite feature updates being enabled. I know I can use the Media Creation Tool. Has anyone updated this PC to v1903 or know why the update isn't offered via Windows...
  8. battery for HP ProBook laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...
  9. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with HP ProBook 6475b: Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications: Model :: HP ProBook 6475b CPU :: AMD A10-5750M GPU :: AMD Radeon HD 8650G RAM :: 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM HDD :: 2TB, 5400RPM, SATA III...
  10. Random Restarts on HP ProBook

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts on HP ProBook: Hi I have fresh installed Win 10 x64 on my HP ProBook 450, yet every now and then it freezes with only the mouse cursor movable and then restarts the laptop. I though it was the upgrade from Win 8.1 but the same thing happens after a fresh install. HP have confirmed that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP OEM win10 download

2. Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit Recovery Kit 6460b

3. hp probook 6560b recovery disc

4. hp probook 6460b OS recovery disk