Windows 10: Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

Discus and support Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, are you saying the ISO available through Heidoc doesn't work? [img] Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam02, Feb 28, 2018.

1. simrick Win User

Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

So, are you saying the ISO available through Heidoc doesn't work?

Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b [​IMG]

simrick, Mar 1, 2018
  2. sam02 Win User

When i go to the website the option for windows 7 is grayed out and not selectable

sam02, Mar 1, 2018
  3. simrick Win User
    It's available through the Heidoc downloader I posted the link for earlier.

simrick, Mar 1, 2018
  4. Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b

It sure would be nice if that ISO could come through as it would be a nice clean install.
    Unfortunately I just noticed on page one
    "Important: The downloader can't currently generate links for Windows 7, as well as Office 2007 and 2010. We're trying to bring back some limited options for these systems with the next release."
    But try it again to verify.

You could consider getting back to the factory setting w/o having to pay for install media.

Go to HP Probook Model Number 6460b Notebook User Guides
    HP ProBook 6460b Notebook PC User Guides | HP® Customer Support

Check out page 132 of 163

Check out page 145 of 163

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 1, 2018
  5. sam02 Win User
    Well i have tried my best but it looks like this lack of recovery disks is going to beat me, i dont mind buying they but it seems they are hard to come by, ive even looked at buying another probook that is for sale as spares but they all have the hard drive missing,
    There must be hundreds of these recovery dvds about but none for sale

sam02, Mar 1, 2018
  6. simrick Win User
  7. sam02 Win User
    HI simrick i have tried that before and it says they are not able to find my model number so i rand the phone number on that site and it was a call to america they said the laptop was classed as a business computer and they dont do business recovery disks.

But thanks for the link

sam02, Mar 1, 2018
  8. simrick Win User

*Sad Well, you could wait to see if Heidoc fix their downloader, buy a W10 key for it, or load a flavor of Linux on it. Actually, I think W10 gives you a 30-day trial, so you could do that for a while and see how you like it on there.

simrick, Mar 1, 2018
  9. Maybe I'm missing something: if so please verify. In summary

I'm under the impression that you know the 25 character key: please verify.
    --- You also know the serial number from the label on the back of the computer.

You can get the computers specs & information using Products: Belarc Advisor

You can use HP's website to identify your product:
    --- It won't report the 25 character key but you've already acquired it.
    "You might not need recovery discs or a USB recovery solution from HP to recover the software on your computer. HP provides a recovery solution on a separate area of the hard drive. If the hard drive is still functional, you can still perform an HP system recovery from the hard drive as long as the recovery information has not been destroyed or corrupted.
    To do a software recovery from the hard drive, turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key until "Windows is loading files..." displays on the screen. If your computer originally came with Windows XP or earlier, press F10 to enter recovery instead of F11.
    HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive | HP® Customer Support

You should be able to do a factory or system recovery per post #17 for free and you don't need the 25 character key in that situation that I know of unless something has been changed to affect that.
    --- Is there a reason neither ideas work?

You can get the equivalent of HP's install media at RestoreDisks.com since you know the 25 character key.

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 3, 2018
  10. simrick Win User
    The way I understand it is: The system came without a hard drive, so no recovery partition. HP recovery services won't sell him disks, as it's considered a "business" model.

simrick, Mar 3, 2018
  11. Thank you simrick. That why I asked in post #10 essentially what's going on if the HDD is broken.
    --- Has the HDD been replaced?
    On the product key being acquired in ShowKeyPlus is it for the Win7 version that was on the computer?
    Would RestoreDisks.com be helpful?

MeAndMyComputer, Mar 4, 2018
  12. simrick Win User
    I think the system was purchased without a hard drive.
    Yes, the key is on the COA label on the system; W7Pro.
    Think we need something "across the pond".

simrick, Mar 4, 2018
  13. SIW2 Win User

14. RickC Win User
    I think I've found one from before I retired. I know that we never bought HP ProBook 6460b's specifically but we did buy hundreds of models either side, e.g. 6445b, 6455, 6475, 6535, 6545b, 6555b, 6735, 68305.

We almost always bought them with 4 GB RAM... so they invariably came with the 32-bit version of Windows 7, and this was reflected in the recovery media that came with them. I have several of the original HP Win 7 32-bit recovery disks but, to my surprise, I've found a single, unopened 64-bit version:

From recovery operations in the past (when I had to revert Volume-imaged PCs and laptops back to their original OEM installs), I know that this works to install Windows 7 Pro and activate it automatically based on the device's SLIC and the check carried out by the install DVD. The only problem is that I didn't write on the sleeve which model it was for... but this has never been an issue in the past as the 'Applications and Drivers' came on a second DVD.

I note that there is no prohibition printed on the disk about copying it... unlike the retail, MAR and 'System Builder' versions which don't auto-activate based on a SLIC check. Basically this can only be used with an HP device.

If the OP wants to contact me via PM.

RickC, Mar 4, 2018
  15. sam02 Win User
    That is correct

sam02, Mar 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery disks for HP ProBook 6460b - Similar Threads - Recovery disks ProBook

2. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER: Hi there! Im from a big company in Bulgaria, "Svilosa transport". I have a problem with one of our laptop HP probook 450 gb, he have a bitlocker activated on it. Our user dont know how this is activated and his files are very important, i want to know is it posibble to help...
  3. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER: Hi there! Im from a big company in Bulgaria, "Svilosa transport". I have a problem with one of our laptop HP probook 450 gb, he have a bitlocker activated on it. Our user dont know how this is activated and his files are very important, i want to know is it posibble to help...
  4. HP PROBOOK 450 GB - BITLOCKER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Adding a Camera to HP Probook 6570B

Adding a Camera to HP Probook 6570B: Hi, i have an HP probook 6570b. Its variant doesnt have a built in camera on it. Is there a way i can buy that same camera and have it added and installed similar to the variants that has one? Or should i just stick with the external cam. Also i wanna add the phone jack at...
  6. Bluetooth Driver for HP Probook 6460b

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Driver for HP Probook 6460b: I have an HP ProBook 6460b laptop with me but I can not see Bluetooth device in "Device Manager" and it does not connect with any blue tooth device i.e. Bluetooth speaker or handsfree. I much explored for driver on all search engines but could not found its driver. Kindly...
  7. No v1903 for HP ProBook?

No v1903 for HP ProBook?: My new HP ProBook G6 450 currently on v1809 OS Build 17763.832 isn't being offered v1903 via Windows update despite feature updates being enabled. I know I can use the Media Creation Tool. Has anyone updated this PC to v1903 or know why the update isn't offered via Windows...
  8. battery for HP ProBook laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    battery for HP ProBook laptop: I replaced my battery 6 months ago. It will indicate 50% but will go down in a minute. Do batteries just last a few months? I have 6 email accounts on it and I do run illustrations on it for business, but it is 32 and not near full. ie I have plenty of space left. I have...
  9. Issues with HP ProBook 6475b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with HP ProBook 6475b: Before going into any specifics on the situation, here are the laptop's specifications: Model :: HP ProBook 6475b CPU :: AMD A10-5750M GPU :: AMD Radeon HD 8650G RAM :: 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-12800 DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM HDD :: 2TB, 5400RPM, SATA III...
  10. Random Restarts on HP ProBook

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Restarts on HP ProBook: Hi I have fresh installed Win 10 x64 on my HP ProBook 450, yet every now and then it freezes with only the mouse cursor movable and then restarts the laptop. I though it was the upgrade from Win 8.1 but the same thing happens after a fresh install. HP have confirmed that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP 6475b factory partitions