Windows 10: Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update

Discus and support Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed that after a created a recovery drive from my Windows 10 Laptop, the install.wim file located in the C:\Wndows\System32\Recovery\Sources was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Blossom Ayogu, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update

I noticed that after a created a recovery drive from my Windows 10 Laptop, the install.wim file located in the C:\Wndows\System32\Recovery\Sources was missing. Now I can't create another recovery drive from the same Laptop. It returns an error " We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required file are missing...." . I need it because I have since update my version of Windows and I want to create a recovery drive of the same version.

Secondly, I can't seem to update my Windows to 2H20 from settings>update and security>windows update, it gives me an error message "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x80070002"

I think this is as a result of the missing install.wim file. Please how can I restore it back and how can I solve this problem.

Thanks.

:)

Blossom Ayogu, Nov 22, 2020

2. WIn 10 recovery drive creation does not work

Hello Jackie,

As you are facing issues in accessing USB drive to recovery the data, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to connect the USB drive to different ports and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the port.

Also, try to connect the drive to different computer and check if it is detected, this will let us know if the issue is with the drive.

If the drive is working fine, try the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update

Pavan_N, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update

1. Recovery Drive creation. Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive creation

2. Windows recovery drive creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows recovery drive creation: I have an HP laptop that has windows 10 installed at the factory on it. It is corrupted and will not start. The recovery partition is corrupted on this computer. I have another computer running windows 7 but it won’t run the software that allows me to create a windows 10...
  3. Windows recovery drive creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows recovery drive creation: I have an HP laptop that has windows 10 installed at the factory on it. It is corrupted and will not start. The recovery partition is corrupted on this computer. I have another computer running windows 7 but it won’t run the software that allows me to create a windows 10...
  4. Windows recovery drive creation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB Recovery Drive creation failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Recovery Drive creation failed: Hi, I have - Windows 11 Home Single Language,- Version 21H2, - OS Build 22000.1281,- Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1281.0- Installed on HP Pavilion 15' dk0043TX Laptop.I have error when creating USB recovery drive when I checked Option "Backup system...
  6. Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update

Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update: I noticed that after a created a recovery drive from my Windows 10 Laptop, the install.wim file located in the C:\Wndows\System32\Recovery\Sources was missing. Now I can't create another recovery drive from the same Laptop. It returns an error " We can't create a recovery...
  7. Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update

Recovery Drive Creation and Windows 10 2H20 update: I noticed that after a created a recovery drive from my Windows 10 Laptop, the install.wim file located in the C:\Wndows\System32\Recovery\Sources was missing. Now I can't create another recovery drive from the same Laptop. It returns an error " We can't create a recovery...
  8. Win 10 Recovery drive Creation failed

Win 10 Recovery drive Creation failed: Hello People, I am trying to create recovery drive by using 64 GB usb drive. I am facing issue of failure to create drive. I spend almost 3 days and tried all different options using CMD. reagentc and etc... I need help to create my drive. Second thing whenever tried my...
  9. Windows 10 Recovery Drive creation problem

Windows 10 Recovery Drive creation problem: The recovery drive wasn't created properly; it says it needs at least a 16Gb USB drive, yet only 4.12Gb of space was utilized on a 32GB USB drive, and the Recovery folder is empty; the largest file appears to be Reconstruct.WIM in the Sources folder (3,886,155 Kb); I went...
  10. Recovery Drive failure upon creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Drive failure upon creation: This morning I formatted a new 16GB Verbatim usb drive. Proceeded to make recovery drive. About 90% finished and it stops with the message problem occurred creating recovery drive. Nothing else so don't know what happened. About the 90% mark a msg came up that Dell had...