Windows 10: Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

Discus and support Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SuvenjitPal, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

I updated my windows on 3rd Oct and was quite happy because I wasn't facing the BSOD problem but it doesn't last 1 week. My system became very slow. It is taking at least 50 sec to open any browser (Chrome, Edge, and Firefox). 5 days back it ran into BSOD, anyhow I recovered it but from that after no system restore can be performed, I can't make a recovery drive and even chkdsk is getting an error. It is more than 10 days so reversing the update process is not existing anymore.

Right now I want to make a recovery drive and it is failing at about 80% progress bar.

What should I do?

:)

SuvenjitPal, Oct 21, 2018

2. Recovery from failed hard drive

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions;

• What is the make and model of the hard drive?

• Did you get any error messages while using the failed hard drive?

• When you say failed hard drive, are you referring to external hard drive or internal hard drive?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article, which explains about the recovery option in Windows 10 and check if it help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update

1. Recovery drive failed after the redstone 5 update - Similar Threads - Recovery drive failed

2. Failed Recovery from Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed Recovery from Drive: In an attempt to get my PC healthy again, after a blue screen of death loop. I managed to get into safe mode and reset the system. This failed and now I am unable to recover from a drive. The error screen states: Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot...
  3. failed to create recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    failed to create recovery drive: after copyinng part of windows recovery, i get a notice, error drive cannot be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-create-recovery-drive/ff6e76f8-322b-479d-8f32-3567f97a1656
  4. Redstone 5 Reset option

Redstone 5 Reset option: I haven't got a solution before, so I post it again. Here are the screenshots below when I try to reset my Windows: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no more options besides these two like the previous version. My question is if I choose the second option, Remove files and...
  5. Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5

in Windows 10 Customization
    Several Issues after updating to RedStone 5: My PC has several issues after I update it to Windows 10's latest RedStone5 update through insider program. They are making my life a hell- Cortana is starting to listen me when I say "Hey Cortana" but cannot respond to what I am saying. [I have already done many tasks...
  6. Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 1809 Bug:: My problem is that when I click the right mouse button to open the Options page, when I go to: New Crashes absurdly, and reaches the point of shutting down Explorer......
  7. Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018

Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018: [ATTACH] https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10s-october-update-redstone-5-will-be-released-on-october-2nd/ It would be a good idea to make a system image before it installs. https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree...
  8. Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone 5 update will be feature complete soon: Microsoft earlier today released Windows 10 Redstone 5 Build 17713 to the Windows Insiders in the Fast Ring for testing. Microsoft says that this build marks a step in the process that signals the point in the development cycle where the company’s focus will be on...
  9. Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update

in Windows 10 News
    Task Manager will get better with Windows 10 Redstone 5 update: Microsoft is working on next big Windows 10 update codenamed Redstone 5 and as per the rumoured release schedule, Redstone 5 is expected to be finalized sometime in September and the public rollout would begin in October or later. Windows 10 Redstone 5 would be a big update...
  10. Win10 Redstone Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Redstone Update: I have my updates set to defer upgrades and I am wondering as to how long would it delay a feature update like the Redstone update? Is there like a certain timeframe to this by having that setting checked? And what if I decide I want this Redstone update now? Should I...