Windows 10: Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

Discus and support Recovery Drive near full due to "preload" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have noticed that my recovery drive is near full, 15gb and it has about 400mb left. I don't know much about computers as much as I want to so I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Octavio S., Sep 16, 2019.

1. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

I have noticed that my recovery drive is near full, 15gb and it has about 400mb left. I don't know much about computers as much as I want to so I have no clue what to do about this. All other files arent taking up space unlike "preload" 13gb of a 15gb drive. What can I do about this? I want to know because I have tried using certain programs but they either run slow or say 2gb is required and I figured this must be the culprit.

:)

Octavio S., Sep 16, 2019
  2. Kevin.geo Win User

Brand new machine preloaded OEM Windows 10 unable to create recovery drive

I recently purchase ASUS M32 brand new machine that preloaded with Windows 10. I tried numerous time to create a recovery drive with the backup system files to the recovery drive " tick box
    checked and it keep failing with "we can't create the recovery drive" plus additional text stating; "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive".

I checked the community where many people is complaining this issue for the upgrade case. This is not the upgrade case and it is a new machine preloaded with Windows 10.

My machine has not installed much other than what is preloaded by ASUS and I installed Kaspersky internet security 2016 that I purchased.

Any thought?

Thanks.

Kevin

Kevin.geo, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

Brand new machine preloaded OEM Windows 10 unable to create recovery drive

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

The issue that you are facing can be due to various issue. To sort these issue out, I would suggest that you perform the steps below to narrow down the cause of the issue.

Step 1: The problem might be caused by insufficient space. Recommend you use reputable quality flash drive with enough free storage. You need a minimum 20GB on a 64-bit operating system, or the 16GB for a 32-bit version.

Step 2: Open Control Panel, go to Recovery > Create Recovery drive, uncheck the “backup system files” box, click Next and select your thumbdrive to complete it. This will only copy some utilities and files.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Recovery Drive near full due to "preload"

1. Recovery Drive near full due to "preload" - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive near

2. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  3. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive nearly full: In This PC>Devices and Drives, the C drive is showing as nearly full 18.4GB free of 449GB and the bar is red instead of blue. Need I take any remedial action, and if so how?...
  4. C drive nearly full

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Recovery Disk on pc is near full

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Disk on pc is near full: my recovery disk is near full but I cannot access it to see what is on it. It just says 'Other' but uses up nearly the whole disk. I continually keep getting messages telling me that I need space but I have lots of space on my other disk and have no idea what is on this. What...
  6. multiple recovery drive near c drive

multiple recovery drive near c drive: I have total 5 healthy recovery drives near to my c drivein the disk manager. 2 of them are on the left side and 3 of them are on its right side, i am attaching a picture of it. so is everything fine with my c drive or i have surplus recovery drives which has no use?...
  7. What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to do with a nearly full Recovery Disk: Noticed this problem today. I have 1.54 free of 12.8 GB on my laptop. I never use Recovery D:, So I guess it automatically fills up when I save things? How do I free more space without deleting and altering?...
  8. one drive nearly full

one drive nearly full: my one drive is nearly full apparently what do i need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-nearly-full/ce975513-cdde-4409-97ce-77a0af704ca6
  9. Recurring message that E drive is nearly full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recurring message that E drive is nearly full: I keep getting messages that I have low disk space, and that my E drive is nearly full, and to click to see if I can free up space. When I check the E drive out, it says that the folder is empty, and there are 0 bytes to free up. I think the E drive is a partition where my...
  10. Drive H: reserved for system nearly full

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Drive H: reserved for system nearly full: Hello On my system, I got a drive ("H:") that is reserved for the system. My system is install on the "C:" drive What is it use for? I think I installed it few years ago, but can't remember why Could it cause my PC to reload? Any info appreciated Martin 69092

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Waiting for https://drive.google.com/drive/preload...