Windows 10: Recovery Drive not being detected

Discus and support Recovery Drive not being detected in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having to reinstall windows on my PC, but I've been having endless issues with the recovery USB. At first, it worked fine, but the drive I wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MicrosoftUser234, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Recovery Drive not being detected

I'm having to reinstall windows on my PC, but I've been having endless issues with the recovery USB. At first, it worked fine, but the drive I wanted to install to was GPT. So, I turned the computer off, removed the drive, and reformatted it on another computer to MBT. When I came back to use the drive, the computer would get stuck on the windows screen. No loading circle or anything, just the logo until it either reboots itself or I reboot it. I've already tried wiping the USB clean and reinstalling the recovery, and I cannot access windows on the current PC without this USB drive.

Nothing has changed in the BIOS, but every time I boot my PC up I get a different issue. I'm at my wits end here and I really need some help. Why is this recovery drive not working all of a sudden? I even kept the USB port the same, but like I said it wont even let me boot off the USB, the computer just goes to a black screen with nothing being sent to the monitors. I KNOW the SSD isnt the issue, since I completely wiped it when I changed the format from GPT to MBT.

:)

MicrosoftUser234, Jan 16, 2020

2. WIn 10 recovery drive creation does not work

Hello Jackie,

As you are facing issues in accessing USB drive to recovery the data, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to connect the USB drive to different ports and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the port.

Also, try to connect the drive to different computer and check if it is detected, this will let us know if the issue is with the drive.

If the drive is working fine, try the below troubleshooting steps and check.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Rey Cam Win User

Recovery Drive not being detected

Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Recovery Drive not being detected

1. Recovery Drive not being detected - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive being

2. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  3. External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Stopped Being Detected: Hi,Yesterday one of my hard drives stopped being detected. Restarting the PC didn't fix it. This is all the info I've gathered so far about the issue: Not an issue with the USB port that the drive is normally plugged into. I've plugged it into other ports - nothing. I've...
  4. Hard drive not being detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive not being detected by Windows 10: I have a second internal hard drive installed on my PC but, after I had formatted it, I find that it is no longer being detected in both Disk Management and File Explorer. The drive is virtually new and previously it was working fine. I therefor cannot understand why it is no...
  5. Hard drive not being detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive not being detected by Windows 10: I have a second internal hard drive installed on my PC but, after I had formatted it, I find that it is no longer being detected in both Disk Management and File Explorer. The drive is virtually new and previously it was working fine. I therefor cannot understand why it is no...
  6. Hard drive not being detected by Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pen Drive not being detected by BIOS: I just wanted to TRYDon't kill me Microsoft, I am not leaving Windows Linux Mint on a real hardware, so I installed as per the given guides on the internet on a USB, but whenever I plug in the USB, Windows CAN detect the USB and lets me go in there, but my BIOS cannot. My...
  8. Speaker is being detected as a USB drive

Speaker is being detected as a USB drive: Hello people, So I have this speaker I've been using for quite a while and it kept saying it was being detected as a USB drive. Not sure what this means. In task manager, the "USB drive" speaker is detected and says as 0 MB formatted with absolutely no writing or reading....
  9. SDD drive is not being detected by bios

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SDD drive is not being detected by bios: My internal storage disk is no longer being detected by my BIOS. This happened after i experienced a blue screen of death and ever since my disk stopped being detected. What could be the problem? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Flash drive not being detected.

Flash drive not being detected.: Having some trouble with a 16GB flash drive not being detected, it has data on it. It shows as used space 0 Bytes, free space 0 Bytes in My Computer. Has what I think happened or can be hopeful for something else? [img] 89696