Windows 10: Recovery Drive over 9gb ?

Discus and support Recovery Drive over 9gb ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, My desktop Recovery drive (D) is showing over 9gb full on my desktop. but my laptop is extremely less. Any Idea's as to why and how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tomslm, Aug 25, 2019.

1. tomslm Win User

Recovery Drive over 9gb ?

Hello Everyone, My desktop Recovery drive (D) is showing over 9gb full on my desktop. but my laptop is extremely less. Any Idea's as to why and how to fix it? Thanks

:)

tomslm, Aug 25, 2019

2. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Recovery Drive over 9gb ?

creating a recovery drive!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• What exactly happens when you try to create a Recovery drive ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Creating a recovery drive

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Recovery Drive over 9gb ?

1. Recovery Drive over 9gb ? - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive 9gb

2. How to over ride automatic repair and run recovery flash drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to over ride automatic repair and run recovery flash drive?: My laptop crashed the other night at the hotel for unknown reasons, I wasn't even on it. It was working just fine two nights before I last used the laptop. The pc starts up in automatic repair and diagnostics. I have tried advance settings with command prompts, restarting,...
  3. How to over ride automatic repair and run recovery flash drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to over ride automatic repair and run recovery flash drive?: My laptop crashed the other night at the hotel for unknown reasons, I wasn't even on it. It was working just fine two nights before I last used the laptop. The pc starts up in automatic repair and diagnostics. I have tried advance settings with command prompts, restarting,...
  4. How to over ride automatic repair and run recovery flash drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. RECOVERY DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    RECOVERY DRIVE: I just recovered my windows through windows recovery drive. but my windows version is not latest, it is 3 version earlier. i want to ask that, can i update my windows version which is stored in recovery drive? because it is very annoying to waste such data. my pc- HP...
  6. Windows defender wrote around 9gb of data to my ssd drive (c: drive).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender wrote around 9gb of data to my ssd drive (c: drive).: Hello everyone, so yesterday i run a full scan with windows defender and after some time i noticed my disk usage was a bit high. I opened task manager and saw the disk writing speed around 80-90 MBps. From what i gathered online, Windows defender, when confronted with zip...
  7. Recovery Drive

Recovery Drive: In my new Windows 10 computer, I was creating a recovery drive on a USB. It took a while so I wasn't watching the whole time, but I looked over and the computer was restarting. I'm not sure it finished creating the RD, or if it's supposed to restart afterwards. Have I...
  8. System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Restore takes 9GB on Drive C:: what happen is that my DTS wasn't detecting the driver installed after i updated throughwindows update then i tried system restore now the app is functioning the way it should be but now i lost 9GB of storage in my drive C. this is how much system restore is taking....
  9. Recovery drive

Recovery drive: Hi I have a laptop and a home pc both installed with windows 10 Home single language OS. currently I'm facing some problems with my laptop and it doesn't boot sometimes I have a recovery usb flash drive created from my PC which also runs on Windows 10 OS. Can I use it in...
  10. recovery drive

recovery drive: flash drive doesn't have bootmgr file after creating recovery drive of windows 10 from recovery drive option in menu..what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-drive/5ceddf20-58a7-4048-99f0-b7a7cb7b70c8