Windows 10: Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB...

Discus and support Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; SUB: Creating a Recovery drive program does not recognize my USB drive. I am thinking about installing the October-2020 windows version 20H1 or 20H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ganti Murty, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB...

SUB: Creating a Recovery drive program does not recognize my USB drive.

I am thinking about installing the October-2020 windows version 20H1 or 20H2 from my current

version 1909 OS Build: 18363.1139.

In preparation to update my windows 10 home version, I was able to create a restore point.

I could not create the Recovery Drive as my 32 GB USB drive is not recognized by the Program.

I have a 32 GB UDB drive, which I used earlier for other programs and is in a good working condition

But the Recovery drive program asks for a 32 GB USB drive and this Recovery program does not

recognize the USB drive. The next button is grayed out and I can not click on it.

I normally create my Recovery drives by recycling 3 drives a few months 1,2,3 followed by 1,2,3. Grand-father, Father, and Grandchild scheme and then the 4th time the grandfather drive is reused.

I always give NTFS drives and that works. The Recovery drive is always reformatted by the recovery drive

creation program to FAT32. My last recovery drive was created on August 29th, 2020.

I really would appreciate anyone giving me a detailed troubleshooting protocol,

Thank you

My Dell XPS 8930 is up to date in terms of the Bios and the Windows OS.

Dell XPS 8930

Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

16.0 GB

64-bit Operating system X64-Based Processor

Windows 10 Home

Version: 1909

Installed on 8/29/2019

OS Build: 18363.1139

:)

Ganti Murty, Nov 6, 2020

2. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 gb, and everything on the drive will be deleted. Windows 10, Creating a recovery drive.

Trying to create a recovery drive. My computer said I need a 32 GB usb drive. When I insert the drive I get a message that "The drive must be able to hold at least 32 gb, and everything on the drive will be deleted." and the next button is grayed out.
    In properties, my new drive says capacity is 31.2 GB. Please, is this not working because my "32 GB" usb drive is actually 31.2 GB? Otherwise, why is it not allowing me to proceed? Should I "format" the drive? Thank you for
    your consideration with my problem.

TessieBlanco, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Allen305 Win User
    After Win 10 Update 1511, Windows Create Recovery Drive does not recognize Lexar s25 USB 3.0 32 GB Jumpdrive.

After Windows Updated my PC to Win 10 Pro 32 bit, I ran the Windows Create Recovery Drive utility and created a recovery drive on a Lexar s25 USB 3.0 32 GB Jumpdrive. All went well, and I successfully booted from the new recovery drive.

After the 1511 Update, I tried to run Wndows Create Recovery Drive utility, but it would not recognize the same drive mentioned previously. I tried multiple times, and I finally game up on the Lexar s25 Jumpdrive. Windows File Explorer recognized the Lexar
    s25 Jumpdrive, and I could move files to the drive. To get around the recovery creation problem, I substituted another Lexar USB 2.0 8 GB drive which the recovery utility recognized and successfully created a recovery disk.

My PC is USB 2.0 compliant, but the Lexar 3.0 USB drive is USB 2.0 backward compatible. Any ideas?

Allen305, Nov 6, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB...

Super Talent Intros 32 GB Express Duo USB 3.0 Flash Drive

Super Talent backed up release of its DuraDrive MT SSD series with a new 32 GB variant of the Express Duo USB 3.0 flash drive. The 32 GB variant is priced at US $59, twice that of the 16 GB variant (priced $29). Measuring 67.8 x 17.2 x 7.7 mm, and launched in early November, the Express Duo presents an "affordable" range of flash drives that use the faster USB 3.0 interface. The 32 GB Express Duo offers read speeds of 67.3 MB/s and write speeds of around 24 MB/s. "The USB 3.0 Express DUO has been our best selling USB 3.0 flash drive to date. We are please to offer the larger capacity 32GB at such an aggressive price point. With USB 3.0 prices like these, there’s simply really no reason to buy a USB 2.0 flash drive anymore," said COO of Super Talent CH Lee.

Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB... 2b_thm.jpg

btarunr, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB...

1. Recovery Drive Program does not recognize 32 GB USB. Next button grayed out. 32 GB USB... - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive Program

2. Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB: Hi,I have been having a lot of trouble trying to find out why Readyboost wont appear on my USB Harddrive properties. I tried it on another machine, and it worked, but for some reason, it wont work with my laptop. Please advise!...
  3. Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB: Hi,I have been having a lot of trouble trying to find out why Readyboost wont appear on my USB Harddrive properties. I tried it on another machine, and it worked, but for some reason, it wont work with my laptop. Please advise!...
  4. Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 32 gb Ram Help

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    32 gb Ram Help: I am using 32 gb on my computer and running a few applications but my memory is at 77 percent [img] - - - Updated - - - Is there any way to find out what is using so much of it and to reduce it - - - Updated - - - i am tech savvy up to a point but don't know why this is...
  6. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG STRIX B360-H Gaming...
  7. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG SRIX B360-H Gaming...
  8. 32 GB Sodimms DDR3L are out , are they compatible ?

32 GB Sodimms DDR3L are out , are they compatible ?: So basically it was believed up till few months ago that DDR3L laptops were bind to use 16 GBs of rams where DDR4 came to boost that to 32 GBs for those who are resource hungry for them , but then all of a sudden Crucial managed to release 32 GBs DDR3L 1600 MHz Sodimm rams to...
  9. Unable to reformat PNY 32 Gb USB

Unable to reformat PNY 32 Gb USB: When trying to reformat PNY 32Gb USB I get the notification that the drive is write-protected. Things I've tried: -Checked for a physical switch on the USB (none found) -Cleared readonly status in diskpart (current read-only state still set to Yes) -Updated...
  10. trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB

trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB: hello i have win 10 and today connect my trancend usb 3.0 flash drive.the capacity is 128 GB but in appears with 32 GB!!!.i format it but nothing change.any help please 42015