Windows 10: Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles

Discus and support Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to convert the Windows 10 Recovery Drive (USB) to an ISO so I can include it in a multiboot recovery drive I have been building. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MrWhoopee, Apr 12, 2016.

1. MrWhoopee Win User

Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles

I have been trying to convert the Windows 10 Recovery Drive (USB) to an ISO so I can include it in a multiboot recovery drive I have been building. I have succeeded in creating the bootable ISO, but no matter what I do, this is what I get:

Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles [​IMG]

I've tried the same thing with a Win7 repair DVD, with similar results.

Can someone shine a light for me?

:)

MrWhoopee, Apr 12, 2016
  2. OldChemE Win User

Windows 10 Recovery and Repair

I have downloaded the Windows.ISO file. When I try to build a recovery drive I get the message, "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing..."

The recovery drive builder did not ask me for a directory path to the ISO file. Which directory should it be in? Do I need any files other than the ISO?

Thanks.

OldChemE, Apr 12, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to create a Recovery Drive ISO (If possible)

I'm not familiar with Backupper. If you never want to reinstall Windows you need to make an image of your system partition - the partition that has Windows and all your software.

If you store your personal files in the same partition, you'll run into a problem if you ever have to restore a backup, because you'll be restoring an old version of all your personal files. That's why it's good to store your personal files in their own
    partition that you can backup separately.

BulldogXX, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

how did you create the recovery drive ?
    Control panel > recovery > create a recovery drive ???
    Did you include the system files ? checkbox ?

Also from command prompt type > reagent /info
    does it show as enabled ????

Also after creating the recovery drive - boot from the USB..
    Do you still get that error ????

5. MrWhoopee Win User
    Yes, I created it from Control panel > recovery > create a recovery drive
    No, I did not backup system files. I wanted it to be as generic as possible.

From command prompt, reagent /info
    'reagent' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

The USB recovery drive boots as it should.

MrWhoopee, Apr 12, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    its:
    reagentc /info

Need to be careful, a lot of times the browser auto corrects it to reagent, but the command is reagentc Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles :)

NavyLCDR, Apr 12, 2016
  7. MrWhoopee Win User
    Ah, that's better. It must also be run from elevated command prompt.

Yes, it's enabled.

MrWhoopee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Recovery Drive to ISO Troubles - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive ISO

2. Custom Windows ISO - Trouble in signing in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom Windows ISO - Trouble in signing in.: So using NTLite, I am creating a custom Windows ISO which will be quite debloated than the original ISO. I am only having one problem. After I create my account, the next time I log in, I see that I have to connect to a domain, so I have to enter the username and password,...
  3. Custom Windows ISO - Trouble in signing in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom Windows ISO - Trouble in signing in.: So using NTLite, I am creating a custom Windows ISO which will be quite debloated than the original ISO. I am only having one problem. After I create my account, the next time I log in, I see that I have to connect to a domain, so I have to enter the username and password,...
  4. Recovery Screen trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery Screen trouble: submitted by /u/SkyDivingNun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/manprc/recovery_screen_trouble/
  5. Trouble creating a recovery drive...Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble creating a recovery drive...Please help: I am running Windows 10 Pro on my desktop PC. I recently cloned my 250GB SSD to a bigger 1TB SSD using EaseUS software. I then disconnected the 250 and installed the 1TB and the PC booted with no problem and all my things were there. I then tried to create a recovery drive on...
  6. Troubles downloading Windows 10 iso

Troubles downloading Windows 10 iso: I am trying to download Win10 iso file, so I can fix my Windows 10 laptop with a bad boot up. I am trying to download from my old laptop Vista, it's the only thing I have and twice now, the download stops at 2.9gb, instead of the full 4.9gb. What can I do to resolve this?...
  7. Is a Recovery Drive and an .iso file the same?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is a Recovery Drive and an .iso file the same?: Right after getting this computer, which came with Windows 10, I created a Recovery Drive. I forgot how I even did it, but when I plug it (the USB drive) into a USB port and read it, it shows several files and folders. This is supposed to get me back in the game if my...
  8. trouble with recovery date

trouble with recovery date: how to get my restore date set to override the current date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-with-recovery-date/9ea6fc36-0110-4191-a6e8-f336dac09389
  9. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...
  10. How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive: I want to create an .iso file out of a USB Recovery Drive (a bit under 8 GB) I created. I want to do it because it was extremely slow (~2 h) to create the Recovery Drive and I also want to make a backup of the Recovery Drive in case both my C: corrupts and the USB stick...