Windows 10: Recovery Drive

Discus and support Recovery Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello can Anyone tell me how I can change my recovery drive back to a normal USB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GislainRubuto, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Recovery Drive

Hello can Anyone tell me how I can change my recovery drive back to a normal USB.

:)

GislainRubuto, Jun 6, 2019

2. Recovery Drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. In some cases, this could happen if you created a system restore point on your computer. Windows will use the recovery drive to revert to the previous time where your computer is working properly, or where you created
    it. Please don't attempt to put any files in the recovery drive or the restore process will fail. To give you more suggestion and helpful information, we would like to more about your computer. Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any changes to your computer before this issue occurs?
    • Have you install Windows Update before getting the Recovery drive?
    • Which version of Windows are you using? To check it, follow the steps through this
      link.

In the meantime, you can check the files inside the recovery drive and confirm if there are essential files that you need.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Create a Recovery Drive?

Hi Kaspaz,

Let us first check the recovery drive creation process that you have done. Below is a step by step process of creating a recovery drive:

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive
      is selected and then select Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
      A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it’s done, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC
      link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link and then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

If you have done the same steps above and the rest of your file is still not showing.
    Please post back some details:

• Which drive are you referring to?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    • Besides creating a recovery drive, have you done any other changes on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your USB hard drive device?
    • Have you tried plugging it on another port?
    • What is the current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer? To know these details, follow the steps below:
      • Select the Start button.
      • Type About your PC.
      • Press Enter to find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if your concern was left unresolved, kindly get back to us with the answers to our inquiry, so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Recovery Drive

creating a recovery drive!

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

• What exactly happens when you try to create a Recovery drive ?
    • Do you receive any error message ?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and see if It helps to resolve the issue.

Creating a recovery drive

A recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix problems with your PC, even if it won't start. To create one, all you need is a USB drive.

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice.
    • When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected, then select
      Next.
    • Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, then select Next > Create. A lot of files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take a while.
    • When it's finished, you might see a Delete the recovery partition from your PC link on the final screen. If you want to free up drive space on your PC, select the link, then select
      Delete. If not, select Finish.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Recovery Drive

1. Recovery Drive - Similar Threads - Recovery Drive

2. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  3. My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D drive now thinks it's a recovery partition: My laptop went wonky and the D drive disappeared. Disk management shows it as a recovery partition and won't let me do anything with it right clicking only shows "help" and the actions menu only shows "refresh", "rescan", "create VHD", and "attach VHD". Virus scans are clear....
  4. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  5. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  6. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  7. Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive

Recover Data from a Hard Drive that was setup as recovery drive: Hi i have recently installed windows 11 which went well then i created a recovery disk getting confused with a resort point so i selected the hard drive and thought no more of it until i went to access my files and all i could see was a small recovery partition the rest of...
  8. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  9. I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?

I stupidly optimized the recovery drive in Defragment. Am I good? Is this a cause for concern?: So, I looked at my drives and said "oh, this isn't trimmed!" and optimized it. Now my PC is a bit funky and I'm worried. Am I good? What can I do to fix this without messing up my PC?...
  10. Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery data from a unbootable SSD drive: My laptop randomly stopped booting up. It say no bootable device found. It is Windows 11 with TPM2.0 enabled. I am trying to recover the data off of the drive I have made a bootable USB drive and scanned the non-bootable SSD drive but no files are showing. Is there a way to...