Windows 10: recovery environment?

Discus and support recovery environment? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys; what is "recovery environment" that comes up when booting win 10TP? 5334 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by silv55, Apr 9, 2015.

1. silv55 Win User

recovery environment?

Hi guys; what is "recovery environment" that comes up when booting win 10TP?

:)

silv55, Apr 9, 2015

2. Recovery

After installing windows 10, on the Surface Pro 3. it was running fine, although a couple of programs wouldn't work, I decided to do a system recovery, And I couldn't do a recovery to the system, it wouldn't let me kept on telling me to install a disc
    or usb stick, surely, if I had a recovery partition, with windows 8.1, then it should recover with windows 10 without having to use a USB stick.

WilliamChristie2016, Apr 9, 2015
  3. Recovery

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

If you are upgrading to Windows 10 Final version. Yes, upgrading from Windows 7 or a later version it will preserve your personal files, applications and settings.

I would like to inform you that most third party applications designed for Windows 7 or later should work with Windows 10. Of course, with significant changes expected in Windows 10, it is best you contact the developer of your software programs to find
    out about support for Windows 10.

You may refer to this FAQ and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-faq

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 9, 2015
  4. WHS
    whs Win User
Thema:

recovery environment?

1. recovery environment? - Similar Threads - recovery environment

2. Windows Recovery Environment Explained blog post on the Windows IT Pro blog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Environment Explained blog post on the Windows IT Pro blog: Hello everyone! I'd like to draw some extra attention to a recent blog post that was just published last week. It has quite a bit of information in it and I hope it is helpful for this audience. This is also a terrific opportunity to provide feedback on features related to...
  3. Windows Recovery Environment unable to enable Win10

Windows Recovery Environment unable to enable Win10: Hello, I've moved my recovery partition away from C: so I can expend it more. I have successfully moved my WinRE.wim to the new recovery partition too, so the REAGENTC.exe can actually set the path to the new partition. But somehow, setting the REAGENTC.exe /enable...
  4. Recovery Environment Password Incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Environment Password Incorrect: Hello all, For the past few weeks I've been having issues with booting my Asus laptop. There has been a few ongoing problems with drivers and windows update. But thats another story. Ultimately I'm in the recovery environment trying to refresh the windows install on my...
  5. Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything

Help. Cant get out of recovery environment. tried literally everything, and i mean everything: Hi. So I recently put windows 10 onto my laptop and accidentally turned the brightness too low so I restarted it. Its now been 16 hours and I have turned the thing off and on again about 70 times and that is not an exaggeration. I tried resetting it and it didn't fix...
  6. im unable to reset my laptop ,it says couldn't find recovery environment

im unable to reset my laptop ,it says couldn't find recovery environment: I'm also unable to create a recovery drive[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-unable-to-reset-my-laptop-it-says-couldnt-find/f97a1983-3689-47d7-b3b5-c51b1745bad7
  7. Windows Could Not Find The Recovery Environment

Windows Could Not Find The Recovery Environment: Hello, This is my first post on here so I'm sorry if its bad. Anyways, I had an Acer Aspire E1-571 and have had to reset it a couple times due to malware and other things. I have tried to reset my PC this time as I am convinced that I have malware. But when I go to reset...
  8. Windows Recovery environment

Windows Recovery environment: I booted my pc today to a bsod with the error code Bad_system_config_info i have no idea what to do im kinda just lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-environment/90f7bd3e-2ad9-4618-a966-ed7545fb7dd4
  9. Windows 10 password, including Windows Recovery Environment

Windows 10 password, including Windows Recovery Environment: My wife is marginally technically literate and I am trying to help solve a problem with her computer. A few months after she bought her computer in 2018, she set up login details for her user account which is the only one on the computer. First she set up the fingerprint...
  10. Could Not Find the Recovery Environment

Could Not Find the Recovery Environment: Hi, I am trying to reset my computer to Factory settings, and have followed a guide for resetting the target for my Winre.wim file so that my pc can find the recovery environment when i go through the process of resetting it. I go through all the options and it appears to...