Windows 10: Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb

Discus and support Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10, HP LAPTOP, SSD, IDK THE GRPAHICS CARD (sorry it deleted my title cause it was having trouble loading and I just wrote one fast) Short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdeptBerry, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb

WINDOWS 10, HP LAPTOP, SSD, IDK THE GRPAHICS CARD (sorry it deleted my title cause it was having trouble loading and I just wrote one fast)

Short version as title says, long version:

I believe my fan is what's causing the funny noises and is slowing my laptop down. Was told to open up the case and clean out the fan. I am in the process of backing up my files and it's giving me anxiety cause i dont want to lose them and this just threw me off. it's an HP idk what model or graphics card but i was told cheap SSDs are usually not good and HP is a printer company so also not a good brand. Any help is welcome, even if you wanna yell at me to always back up files!

submitted by /u/AdeptBerry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdeptBerry, Jan 12, 2021
  2. yogurt_21 Win User

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Folder locked and dissapeared after unlock

Well here's something i found on this:

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-475786-lost-my-files-in-folder-lock

But it doesn't work here , i don't have that folder.

Can somebody help me searching for a solution , tnx.

EDIT:

I did that and that's when the folder just disappeared but the data is still there, the program is very confusing about restoring files , it says that "files should become unlocked automatically" ... so where the heck are manual unlocking instructions.

It's not an encrypt , it's just a password lock , so data is all open. The problem is, i would get like 225 GB of individual files off the HDD recovery , i just want the harder way of accessing the folder but getting the folder structure , where can i find the time to SORT 220 GB of data omg.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 12, 2021
  4. enso Win User

Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb

1. Recovery folder is empty but still takes up 15 gb - Similar Threads - Recovery folder empty

2. Pictures taking up 210 GB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures taking up 210 GB: It says my pictures are taking up 210 GB but I cant find any of the photos and there are 0 photos in my photo folders?? Im using an android so its not iCloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-taking-up-210-gb/6bcc38e5-112d-45ab-820b-dea24437aaae
  3. Pictures taking up 210 GB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures taking up 210 GB: It says my pictures are taking up 210 GB but I cant find any of the photos and there are 0 photos in my photo folders?? Im using an android so its not iCloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-taking-up-210-gb/6bcc38e5-112d-45ab-820b-dea24437aaae
  4. Pictures taking up 210 GB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Updates 4.04 GB but SoftwareDistribution folder is empty.

Updates 4.04 GB but SoftwareDistribution folder is empty.: [ATTACH] Hello, I'm having an issue in which according to settings, the updates are taking 4.04 GB of space. Is there any way to clean it? I already checked SoftwareDistrubition/Download and it's empty there. Can someone please help me with this issue? Thank you....
  6. System taking up 899 GB of storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System taking up 899 GB of storage: I recently installed windows on my mac through bootcamp. The only thing I did once I opened windows was install a few games that wasn’t available on mac. However, the systems was taking up 899 GB of storage. How do I fix this problem? What I’ve tried: Restarting my mac...
  7. Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space

Hundreds/Thousands of "temporary" folders taking up up to 50 gb of space: So my "temporary files" was taking up over 60 gb of storage. When I looked to see what i could delete, I could only delete like 10 gb, and that was almost entirely from my downloads folder which has indie games and sound clips. There was 50 gigabytes i couldnt delete. So I...
  8. Windows taking up 653 GB?

Windows taking up 653 GB?: While I was using my desktop, I see a notification saying that my storage was almost full. Last time I checked, which was a month ago, I had plenty of storage. And now I only have 50 GB left? I haven't installed anything that was huge and the numbers in the "Programs" tab...
  9. Help! System32 Folder is taking up 370+ GB

Help! System32 Folder is taking up 370+ GB: I just found out that my system and reserved files takes up huge amount of space. There are these multiple of these "waapi" files that seem to take up 30+ gb each. The sywow64 also has the same problem as system32 folder. If you are going to tell me to do a disk clean up it...
  10. User taking up 50+ GB of storage

User taking up 50+ GB of storage: So me and my dad has a computer togheter, but we are struggeling a bit with space on our C drive. The thing is, if I look at the storage sense tab, my user only takes up 15GB of space while my dads user takes up 52 GB. Is there a reason for this? submitted by /u/Arre27...