Windows 10: Recovery from a usb and activation.

Discus and support Recovery from a usb and activation. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have got some serious problems after updating the windows 10, I would like to know that if I use my recovery usb drive to go back to different old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gauravkanu, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Recovery from a usb and activation.

I have got some serious problems after updating the windows 10, I would like to know that if I use my recovery usb drive to go back to different old version of windows 10 will it ask me for activation key? I do not have the activation key as it came activated when I bought my laptop 10 months back.

Please help!!!

:)

gauravkanu, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

USB Recovery

Hi Janie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • How are you creating the recovery USB?

However, you can follow the steps from Create a recovery drive
    to create a recovery drive.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Bree, Jun 5, 2020
  4. slim142 Win User

Recovery from a usb and activation.

Data Recovery for Mac (OSX Capitan) ?

Anybody knows of a good data recovery software for mac? Preferably free?

I use Active@ Data Recovery for Windows, but honestly no idea what to use for Mac OSX.

Any suggestions?

slim142, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Recovery from a usb and activation.

1. Recovery from a usb and activation. - Similar Threads - Recovery usb activation

2. Recovery erased videos from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery erased videos from USB: If i erased a video from the usb there some way to recovery ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-erased-videos-from-usb/e10b06de-2ac7-4d45-8fe1-baf57d1fc414
  3. Recovery erased videos from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery erased videos from USB: If i erased a video from the usb there some way to recovery ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-erased-videos-from-usb/e10b06de-2ac7-4d45-8fe1-baf57d1fc414
  4. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  5. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  6. Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset and recovery options missing from recovery troubleshoot menu & USB recovery not...: My laptop randomly stopped working. Blue screen, says critical process died. I've tried probably every troubleshoot I could find searching Google. All options on the recovery troubleshoot menu. Startup repair, uninstall updates, system restore, etc, none of that works....
  7. Recovery from a USB recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery from a USB recovery disk: Hello,Please can you help.My 1tb hdd in my laptop has crashed. Fortunately, I created a USB Recovery disk.I purchased a 250gb ssd as a replacement, intending to use a portable drive for storage and ssd just for boot and apps.I tried recovering from USP Recovery disk, but it...
  8. Fill RECOVERY D: drive from recovery USB drive?

Fill RECOVERY D: drive from recovery USB drive?: I successfully created a USB recovery drive F: but I accidentally deleted the RECOVERY D drive that now is empty. Is it possible to fill back it from the USB external drive F: I created? How? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. Reinstalling windows from recovery usb

Reinstalling windows from recovery usb: I downloaed the program from the site and my dead computer does recognize the drive and for at least 90 minutes it says SET UP IS STARTING. How long will this continue? Just let it run all night? help, please....
  10. Data recovery from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data recovery from USB: Hello, Recently I decided to reinstall Windows and used USB flash drive for it. I downloaded Media Creation Tool but used the wrong USB and now its data is gone. I tried some apps to recover but they didn't help. How can I recover my data? Thanks in advance submitted by...