Windows 10: Recovery from a USB recovery disk

Discus and support Recovery from a USB recovery disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,Please can you help.My 1tb hdd in my laptop has crashed. Fortunately, I created a USB Recovery disk.I purchased a 250gb ssd as a replacement,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Peter and Angela, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Recovery from a USB recovery disk

Hello,Please can you help.My 1tb hdd in my laptop has crashed. Fortunately, I created a USB Recovery disk.I purchased a 250gb ssd as a replacement, intending to use a portable drive for storage and ssd just for boot and apps.I tried recovering from USP Recovery disk, but it says the drive is too small.Does this mean the replacement drive has to be same size as the failed drive?Is there any way of recovering to the 250gb ssd?At the moment I seem to be in no man's land...any help would be greatly appreciated.ThanksPeter

:)

Peter and Angela, Aug 13, 2021
  2. Pinchy Win User

XP disk versus Laptop Recovery Disk?

Recovery disks are just OEM copies of XP disks. Ie, they can have things such as the companys logo within the files.

If you got a normal XP disk you cant use it. The only way your dads copy of XP will activate is if your normal XP copy is OEM, unless you use the recovery disk.

I always use the recovery disks. Works just like a normal copy *Smile Recovery from a USB recovery disk :). Plus with the recovery disks you dont need the serial key as I *think* its embedded into the files on the disk. Just need to activate windows once on the net *Wink Recovery from a USB recovery disk ;).

Pinchy, Aug 13, 2021
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Recovery from a USB recovery disk

android recovery and kernel.img

For thouse who CAN help...:I can't enter adb (device not recognized), can't flash using stock recovery (don't really know the steps and stuck at triage and dead android when in recovery),

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Recovery from a USB recovery disk

1. Recovery from a USB recovery disk - Similar Threads - Recovery USB recovery

2. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  3. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  4. Unable to install from USB recovery disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install from USB recovery disk: I created a USB recovery disk 10 months ago. Recently I had issues with my PC and went to use the recovery disk to reinstall a clean version of Windows. The PC brought up the recovery program, deleted all the files on the computer's hard drive and then failed to reinstall...
  5. Data recovery from USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data recovery from USB: Hello, Recently I decided to reinstall Windows and used USB flash drive for it. I downloaded Media Creation Tool but used the wrong USB and now its data is gone. I tried some apps to recover but they didn't help. How can I recover my data? Thanks in advance submitted by...
  6. Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery Disk: Hey I have this “old” laptop i need to sell. I did the system reset which took forever. But now there is this Recovery disk which i can’t open. What is it for? can/should i remove it before selling? https://imgur.com/a/7raeGuN submitted by /u/Juicy-Cucumber [link]...
  7. Recovery from a usb and activation.

Recovery from a usb and activation.: I have got some serious problems after updating the windows 10, I would like to know that if I use my recovery usb drive to go back to different old version of windows 10 will it ask me for activation key? I do not have the activation key as it came activated when I bought my...
  8. Disk recovery

Disk recovery: Hello, i've created windows10 installer on my hard drive, but it was't empty. https://www.microsoft.com/pl-pl/software-download/windows10 using second option how can i recover my lost data? all programs can not recover my previous parition In disc settings i don't have any...
  9. Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot Create Recovery Disk - USB: I have just bought a new Inspiron 15 5000 Dell with Windows 10 and cannot create a recovery drive. Do you know how I can fix this? 22683
  10. Win 10 recovery USB disk

Win 10 recovery USB disk: I am trying to create a recovery USB drive from which I can install Windows 10 fresh, if needed. Or quickly restore system images in case of a drive issue. There are a couple of things I am not clear about. Background: I have an ASUS laptop that came with Windows 8.1,...