Windows 10: Recovery From Update Issue

Discus and support Recovery From Update Issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A client had an update and on the next boot, the user's profile wouldn't load so Windows 10 loaded a TEMP profile. I looked in the Registry at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wlpeavy, Jun 6, 2020.

1. wlpeavy Win User

Recovery From Update Issue

A client had an update and on the next boot, the user's profile wouldn't load so Windows 10 loaded a TEMP profile.
    I looked in the Registry at the ProfileList but it didn't look recoverable to me.
    So, I created a new Account for the user.

I know I need to copy Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, Music, Pictures, Videos, and the like to the new profile.

The user is running MS OFFICE 2013 and email is IMAP.
    There is NO cloud utilization.

What (besides NTUSER.DAT) must I NOT copy to the new profile? (I think "AppData" must rank high on this list!)

TIA

:)

wlpeavy, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 7, 2020
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 7, 2020
  4. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Recovery From Update Issue - Similar Threads - Recovery Update Issue

2. Windows Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Issues: Hello Microsoft Community Members,I have noticed the last two times I have used the recovery mode, I am forced to use the long bit locker recovery mode for system repair. After I put this in it asks me for a password for my account however the password changes do not sync...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Issue: Hello!I am a technician at a relatively small organization, and we have a few laptops that we are having Bitlocker issues with. Whenever the machine enters the Bitlocker lockout, it does not give you the option to enter in the key, it asks for the keyboard layout and then...
  4. Recovery issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery issue: My dell all in one desk top crashed on me a few weeks ago so I had recovery usb that I had used to do a clean install of windows on my desk top well it went smooth until I logged in and started to fool around and i noticed water mark bottom right corner of screen and it says...
  5. Recovery issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery issue: My dell all in one desk top crashed on me a few weeks ago so I had recovery usb that I had used to do a clean install of windows on my desk top well it went smooth until I logged in and started to fool around and i noticed water mark bottom right corner of screen and it says...
  6. Recovery Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Issues: I went to flash an iso to my USB drive and it was giving me problems, so I rebooted. When it promoted me for my pin it said it no longer had my pin. When I clicked on set one up it acted like it was going to but didn't. So I made a recovery drive and tried to restore from a...
  7. Recovery from update

Recovery from update: I have an ASUS laptop with limited memory so I used my 128GB sd card for additional space. The update did not work and the computer has been undoing changes for 2 days. I have tried to get into safe mode without success. I removed the SD card and viewed the temporary...
  8. Boot / recovery/bitlocker issue after update

Boot / recovery/bitlocker issue after update: Hardsribe was encrypted with bit locker. After update mhy computer was asking for my recovery key code. Witch did not work. Now i cannot even bring up repair menu. Wont boot saying: NON SYSTEM DISK ERROR. CAN SOMEONE HELP GET ME AT LEAST TO A POINT WHERE I CAN RESET...
  9. recovery issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    recovery issue: I have an issue with my laptop because it stopped working and I can see only a black cursor on the screen. I decided to reboot the system and got a blue recovery screen. I cannot avoid this screen, all my attempts to boot to Windows lead to the recovery screen. How to fix...
  10. issues with recovery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    issues with recovery: hey everyone i have been having an issue with doing a recovery for windows 10 pro. it whiped everything and is stuck on 99% now for the past 2 hrs. i need help if i were to turn it off would i be able to re do the recovery or will it have whiped the whole thing so i cant. if...