Windows 10: Recovery install twice in 6 months

Discus and support Recovery install twice in 6 months in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Twice in the last 6 months. I’ve had to do a recovery install, preserving my personal files, but losing all installed applications, because windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/x-bubblehead-709, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Recovery install twice in 6 months

Twice in the last 6 months. I’ve had to do a recovery install, preserving my personal files, but losing all installed applications, because windows fails to boot correctly, and goes into automatic recovery mode. My SSD is a WD SN 750 1tb, and it’s only about a year old. Is this something that has happened to anyone else? Running x570 gigabyte, Ryzen 5600x, 6700xt.

submitted by /u/x-bubblehead-709
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/x-bubblehead-709, Jun 18, 2022
  2. dually Win User

Installing Drivers in Recovery M4 SSD

I can't seem to figure out how to install drivers so that can copy my system image to new laptop hard drive. I went as far as to install a new inactivated windows 7 onto the hard drive so I know it works, but when I point recovery at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys, I got an error something along the lines of "not relevant to system hardware" (or something like that I forget the exact wording).

I can list the drive in diskpart, and I made sure it is not excluded for copying the image, but after 3 days of fiddling, I still can't get it to work. Where is the driver that I need for recovery to be able to install an image to the new hard drive? I checked crucial website, but they don't seem to list drivers for M4. I assume that since I was able to install a fresh inactivated Windows 7 from a startup disk that the driver I need would be somewhere in that system so maybe I'm just pointing recovery at the wrong file?

dually, Jun 18, 2022
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Recovery install twice in 6 months

Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

Recovery install twice in 6 months

1. Recovery install twice in 6 months - Similar Threads - Recovery install twice

2. my window is not installing and showing updates since 6 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my window is not installing and showing updates since 6 months: my window system is not responding correctly then i tried to update it but there is no updates are showing and a error code shown by the window code 80072EFE...
  3. my window is not installing and showing updates since 6 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my window is not installing and showing updates since 6 months: my window system is not responding correctly then i tried to update it but there is no updates are showing and a error code shown by the window code 80072EFE...
  4. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  5. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  6. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. PC been crashing for 6 months.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC been crashing for 6 months.: Hi,My PC has been crashing for various months now with different reasons, I've been on the community for a bit around 3 times, and have tried three solutions, and while working for a bit eventually crashing. It has reached a point now where It can crash multiple times a day....
  8. BSOD during gaming for 6 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during gaming for 6 months: Hi all, this is my last resort. I have been dealing with this problem for 6 months now. Running latest Nvidia drivers and windows updates always On every other game not all of them I get bluescreens. Mostly referring to ntoskrnl, today i caught one for direct x. The...
  9. Daily BSOD for 6 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSOD for 6 months: Hi. Looking to pin point whether it's a driver issue or hardware. So far, I've done the basic memory diagnostic tool for both RAM pieces seperately and they've come fine. I will do an overnight one tonight unless told otherwise if someone checks my dump files before I go to...
  10. unable to install any printer for last 6 months

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install any printer for last 6 months: Hello, My wife and I have the same Asus ROG laptops. Her computer works with any printer no issue. mine has stopped communicating, installing, or finding any printer about 6 months ago. I have tried our Epson, I have tried our HP and both wifi and USB configurations on...