Windows 10: Recovery Key is not working

Discus and support Recovery Key is not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to reset my pc for the past few days. I first attempted to use the option "Reset my Pc," but it did not work. Every time I chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carlos JavierCastro, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Recovery Key is not working

I have been trying to reset my pc for the past few days. I first attempted to use the option "Reset my Pc," but it did not work. Every time I chose this option it gave me a window saying something like "reset did not work, no changes were made"

So I did some research in finding ways to reset my pc. Eventually I discovered Recobery USB. So I created a Recovery USB using my pc, I went to my boot manager, select the drive. From the menu I picked "Recover from a drive." Everything seem to be working, I got recovering this pc screen with a percentage going up to 100 percent. But around 80 percent, it shot be back to the original menu from the USB. I tried again, with the same result.

I went back to the boot manager and my Windows boot is now gone.

I am not sure what to do at this point, someone please help.

:)

Carlos JavierCastro, Apr 10, 2020

2. one key recovery

Hi Nawaxx,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to download and install the latest software for ‘One Key Recovery’ from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, uninstall the software and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the driver and click on properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for Run in Compatibility mode.
    • Select Windows 8 from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and then OK.
    • Install the driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2020
  3. baraki t Win User
    Recovery Key

Thank you for the reply.

On the link you mentioned there are five steps to turn off the recovery key and I couldn't find I don't own this phone anymore
    option which is 2nd on the list.

Could you please help me how to find that option.

Thank you!!!

baraki t, Apr 10, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Recovery Key is not working

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Recovery Key is not working

1. Recovery Key is not working - Similar Threads - Recovery Key working

2. recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recovery key not working: My dell XPS 's System Restorer recovery key doesn't work even when I put in the right password recovery key. I want to reinstall the OS cause old one is corrupted. I am not able to access my Laptop please help...
  3. recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recovery key not working: My dell XPS 's System Restorer recovery key doesn't work even when I put in the right password recovery key. I want to reinstall the OS cause old one is corrupted. I am not able to access my Laptop please help...
  4. recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery key does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key does not work: Hi, My laptop wont work without a recovery key and when I typed it in, it did not accept it. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-does-not-work/2b298e3a-2f7a-4888-9ae5-20f2c9a7b801
  6. bitlocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker recovery key not working: I am receiving a bitlocker recovery key message. I entered the bitlocker recovery key 3 different times and it tries to restart but doesn't. I am getting the same request for a bitlocker recovery key. I am not able to do anything further on the computer. Just keep getting...
  7. BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!: Hi Please Help me!!!! I changed my windows password and my password BitLocker on the driver not working anymore. it doesn't accept the recovery key and the Key ID has changed!!!...
  8. Recovery key is not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery key is not working: HI,I have an micorsoft account but some how that account is got deleted.I have created a new microsoft account and installed the windows on that, There is some h/w issue in the system, after replacing the part while starting the system the windows asking the recovery key...
  9. BitLocker recovery key is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker recovery key is not working: My computer got fixed recently and the BitLocker key that showed up when logging into my microsoft account is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-is-not-working/71503dd2-7ae7-4179-843c-45f33f6cd0aa
  10. Recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recovery key not working: My Bitlocker Recovery Key is not working. I entered the numbers but it kept saying not valid. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-not-working/d10384fb-ed5c-4930-a9ee-3fa1f1c781be