Windows 10: Recovery loop > "Hard drive short DST check failed" > chkdsk /r failed at stage 4 > reboot...

Discus and support Recovery loop > "Hard drive short DST check failed" > chkdsk /r failed at stage 4 > reboot... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HP laptop The title about covers it. I got stuck in the dreaded BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSoD loop where autorepair just fails then back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CouldOfBeenGreat, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Recovery loop > "Hard drive short DST check failed" > chkdsk /r failed at stage 4 > reboot...

HP laptop

The title about covers it.

I got stuck in the dreaded BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSoD loop where autorepair just fails then back to the bluescreen, back to autorepair...

Managed to get into the advance options and:

Tried fixing startup to no avail.

Did the Short DST which failed.

Ran chkdsk /r fron the command line, flawless stage 1, 2 and 3. Stage 4 failed "unspecified, no log, 75736e6a726e6c2e".

Rebooted and..... windows loaded?!

Within windows I ran the disk error check tool which returned no errors.

Is it just giving me a bit of false confidence?

The laptop is ~2.5years old with probably 4000 hours of uptime doing various design/gaming tasks.

submitted by /u/CouldOfBeenGreat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CouldOfBeenGreat, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Layback Bear, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Hard Drive short DST check: Failed

Hi all,

My hp laptop (bought in 2016) suddenly ran to problem "Your PC couldn't start properly" and i cannot reboot it again. When i ran the component test it shows Hard Drive short DST check: Failed. I have contacted the local hp service center. They were informed
    like hard disk has failed and it need to be replaced. My doubt is will i able to reactivate my old os( i got windows 10 inbuilt while buying) or os needs to be installed newly). Will i able to recover the files from my old hhd? any there any possibility ?
    Kindly help me with this.

RaghulKumaran, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Jillskie Win User

Recovery loop > "Hard drive short DST check failed" > chkdsk /r failed at stage 4 > reboot...

Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed

So my laptop HP 14-ac136tu has been performing very slow for the last few months and so I decided to reset it but failed. When I turned it on again, it shows the hp logo then shows a black screen without cursor. I tried pressing the F2 before the logo starts and it directed me to a diagnostoc. When I checked, the Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed.

Now, the thing is I don't have a recovery disc and when I looked it up on hp they don't have any available for my laptop model. When I also tried to have the blue screen thing which has like recover from past something, it wasn't successful since a file wasn't found and so I got stuck with having a black screen.

Can you help me please?

Jillskie, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Recovery loop > "Hard drive short DST check failed" > chkdsk /r failed at stage 4 > reboot...

1. Recovery loop > "Hard drive short DST check failed" > chkdsk /r failed at stage 4 > reboot... - Similar Threads - Recovery loop Hard

2. CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4: Hello, i need help right now. My PC was so slow even i opened microsoft office only. I checked task manager and nothing wrong, all CPU, memory, and disk usage low. I searched on internet and found that the problem maybe from hard drive. So, i ran CHKDSK \r for the next reboot...
  3. CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK Stuck on Stage 4: Hello, i need help right now. My PC was so slow even i opened microsoft office only. I checked task manager and nothing wrong, all CPU, memory, and disk usage low. I searched on internet and found that the problem maybe from hard drive. So, i ran CHKDSK \r for the next reboot...
  4. Disk 100% , freeze , Long DST and short DST failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk 100% , freeze , Long DST and short DST failed: My laptop hangs and freeze after opening any app or folder. It also shows Long DST and short DST failed. Disk usage goes up to 100 %. I have run some command and software. Those are attached below Is my hard drive is bad or this is a software issue? What should I do now?...
  5. Hard drive short dst check failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive short dst check failure.: So my comput I would constantly say preparing for automatic repair then get stuck on a black screen forever. İ powered it on and immediatly pressed down on esc. This took me to a page were i pressed system diagnoistic. After thag i tested mt hard drive and said this. Hard...
  6. CHKDSK stuck at stage 4

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHKDSK stuck at stage 4: Hello... Right now, my computer is stuck at fixing C: Stage 4... It's checking on my HDD WD Green 500 GB. The total percentage is 7% with ETA 8.04.30 and it's stuck like that for 6 hour long. How long should I wait? Can I shut down my PC? Note: I've just reinstalled my...
  7. Error in Stage 4 of CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error in Stage 4 of CHKDSK: So, I have a WD My Passport 500 GB. I connected it today, it is showing the drive letter but not the space & explorer stopped responding if I tried to open it. Naturally, I tried to run CHKDSK D: /r /f. But it gave me errors in the stage 4 as follows: I have some very...
  8. Hard Drive short DST check: Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive short DST check: Failed: Hi all, My hp laptop (bought in 2016) suddenly ran to problem "Your PC couldn't start properly" and i cannot reboot it again. When i ran the component test it shows Hard Drive short DST check: Failed. I have contacted the local hp service center. They were informed like...
  9. Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed

Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed: So my laptop HP 14-ac136tu has been performing very slow for the last few months and so I decided to reset it but failed. When I turned it on again, it shows the hp logo then shows a black screen without cursor. I tried pressing the F2 before the logo starts and it directed...
  10. Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED

Start-up Test Failed - Short DST: FAILED: I am using HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook with Windows 10 Home Edition installed. HD: TOSHIBA MK6465GSX [Hard drive] (640.13 GB) Recently my laptop started to reboot frequently with some error, overheating and DISK usage always 100%... I have tried to format the hard...