Windows 10: Recovery media missing after cloning

Discus and support Recovery media missing after cloning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hey, so i recently cloned my hdd to a new ssd. i used minitool partition wizard. i clicked on migrate os to hdd/sdd. i chose option a. replace system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tom24OWTW, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Tom24OWTW Win User

Recovery media missing after cloning

hey, so i recently cloned my hdd to a new ssd. i used minitool partition wizard. i clicked on migrate os to hdd/sdd. i chose option a. replace system with another hard disk. Now after i completed that process i swap the sdd in and booted up fine. i used the laptop like i normally would. when i wanted to reset the laptop to wipe all my files. it shows up with "could not find the recovery enviorment" "insert your windows installation or recovery media, and restart your pc with the media". im not sure how i can find and copy the recovery environment. i still have the old hdd and its files. this is on windows 10 pro

:)

Tom24OWTW, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Macrium Clone Disks not available on recovery media

You've missed it. It's there, even in the Free edition. Here's a VM booted from the recovery ISO...

Recovery media missing after cloning [​IMG]

3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Recovery media missing after cloning

BSOD Recovery Media Fails

Hi,

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Recovery media missing after cloning

1. Recovery media missing after cloning - Similar Threads - Recovery media missing

2. PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD: Hi, I cloned all my data from my 2TB HDD to my 1TB SSD, intending to make the SSD my Windows 11 boot drive. After restarting my PC, Windows booted successfully, so I went ahead and cleaned my HDD to make it my storage drive. However, restarting it again resulted in an error...
  3. PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Recovery After Cloning Windows to SSD: Hi, I cloned all my data from my 2TB HDD to my 1TB SSD, intending to make the SSD my Windows 11 boot drive. After restarting my PC, Windows booted successfully, so I went ahead and cleaned my HDD to make it my storage drive. However, restarting it again resulted in an error...
  4. Macrium Clone Disks not available on recovery media

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Clone Disks not available on recovery media: Hi there seems to be a genuine needed feature that's missing in Macrium Free== You can only clone disks if running from within Windows -- the clone disk option isn't available in the bootable recovery media. (Or if it is I've missed it). Apart from the "Not in Best...
  5. Windows Recovery screen after cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Recovery screen after cloning: Hey, so I tried cloning my OS from an MBR ssd to a GPT ssd. After the cloning was done, I get booted to the windows recovery screen when trying to boot via the cloned drive. The cloning was performed via minitool partition wizard and here is how disk management looks along...
  6. No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.: Hey fellas, Moving forward from this thread.....(just for reference.....Help with SSD boot drive change) Single boot drive MBR was cloned with Macrium to larger ssd and removed smaller ssd. Windows booted fine. MBR2GPT converted the new drive, but gave the...
  7. USB after downloading media recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB after downloading media recovery: I used the USB and I was wondering is there a way to reuse it because when i plug it in my laptop I dont see it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-after-downloading-media-recovery/e9809944-2997-41f4-a488-fb391c16b6b9
  8. Unable to recovery after cloning

Unable to recovery after cloning: Hi all, I upgraded to a Samsung Evo SSD by cloning with Samsung Migration software. After swapping the SSD, I am unable to do recovery option. Please advise. Thank you....
  9. Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10

Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10: Hi, I have deleted the original windows 10 os 15 gb backup from my pendrive which is given along with the laptop... Please help me to recover os from my pendrive .... ***Title changed from deleted os***...
  10. Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10

Retrieve the missing recovery media - Windows 10: Hi, I have deleted the original windows 10 os 15 gb backup from my pendrive which is given along with the laptop... Please help me to recover os from my pendrive .... ***Title changed from deleted os***...