Windows 10: Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers?

Discus and support Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Version: 1903, OS Build: 10.0.18362 UEFI BIOS Question about Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers? Are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by petrula, Nov 30, 2019.

1. petrula Win User

Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers?

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
    Version: 1903, OS Build: 10.0.18362
    UEFI BIOS

Question about Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers?

Are the drivers the active current drivers, original Windows distribution drivers, wherever?

Drivers are constantly being updated. Your laptop manufacturer posts new driver updates. Windows 10 updater has new driver updates. Intel has new CPU driver updates.

When you create Windows 10 Recovery media (Control panel | Recovery) which drivers does it use?

Are the drivers the most recently installed ones?

Or does Windows use drivers from the original Windows installation (i.e. old drivers)?

If Windows uses the most recently installed drivers, that would imply one should make a new Recovery media whenever any driver updates occur whether manually, or via Windows 10 updater?

Does checking or unchecking "Back up system files to the recovery drive" effect which drivers are used?

Thank you in advance.

:)

petrula, Nov 30, 2019

2. BSOD Recovery Media Fails

Hi,

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers?

android recovery and kernel.img

IF you cannot enter ADB then your drivers are not working. Download the proper drivers for the device and do adb.exe devices to see if it shows anything

brandonwh64, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers?

1. Recovery Media - Where Does It Get Drivers? - Similar Threads - Recovery Media Where

2. What is this Media Driver and where can I find it/download it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this Media Driver and where can I find it/download it?: Hello, I had a BIOS issue a few weeks ago that prompted me to upgrade some PC parts. I fixed the BIOS issue by restoring an older saved version of my files. I have started my upgrades off with new RAM and an M.2 NVME ssd. Upon installing these today, I was met with some blue...
  3. What is this Media Driver and where can I find it/download it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is this Media Driver and where can I find it/download it?: Hello, I had a BIOS issue a few weeks ago that prompted me to upgrade some PC parts. I fixed the BIOS issue by restoring an older saved version of my files. I have started my upgrades off with new RAM and an M.2 NVME ssd. Upon installing these today, I was met with some blue...
  4. What is this Media Driver and where can I find it/download it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where does the UWP Media Player store artist pictures?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where does the UWP Media Player store artist pictures?: I've already read on here that the Artist Pictures in the new Media player can't be changed, but where are the pictures stored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-uwp-media-player-store-artist/d3679e8e-4401-4f66-a670-74b31b57f38a
  6. Where does the UWP Media Player store artist pictures?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does the UWP Media Player store artist pictures?: I've already read on here that the Artist Pictures in the new Media player can't be changed, but where are the pictures stored? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-does-the-uwp-media-player-store-artist/d3679e8e-4401-4f66-a670-74b31b57f38a
  7. Where does Windows 10 store WordPad recovery files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does Windows 10 store WordPad recovery files?: Hello, I had multiple WordPad documents open yesterday which were unsaved. Opened my laptop today to see that Windows 10 had automatically updated and restarted in the meantime. Now in the past Windows would restore all unsaved WordPad documents as "document recovered"...
  8. Recovery media

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery media: Can a recovery media created from one working laptop will be able to restore another same model laptop to its factory fresh or not? 112592
  9. Where to get webcam driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Where to get webcam driver.: I have a web cam that id's as: USB\VID_05E1&PID_0B01&REV_0002, for the driver. Does anyone know where to get this driver from a site that gives a clean version of the driver without the potential viruses. 49076
  10. Where does Media Creation Tool store all of it's data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where does Media Creation Tool store all of it's data?: So recently Windows 10 came out and I manually downloaded the Media Creation tool and started upgrading my PC BUT I had to turn it off and all of the data that it downloaded has taken up my small amount of space in my SSD (I only have 16 GB left) can someone please tell me...