Windows 10: Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password

Discus and support Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally locked my admin account using a .bat file that generated random letters and numbers, and once I entered recovery mode and went to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rian Licup, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password

I accidentally locked my admin account using a .bat file that generated random letters and numbers, and once I entered recovery mode and went to command line to open regedit and to reset my password, it keeps asking me to select an administrator account. There are two admin accounts, one named WgaUtilAcc and a local one named after by my name.

:)

Rian Licup, Jan 25, 2021

2. Win10 lost UAC (administrator)password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you forgot the administrator account password and you are unable to login. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to log in to built in administrator account and create a new administrator account.

Please try the steps given below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• From the Lock screen, click on
      Power
      button.

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and Click on
      Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
    Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment. Follow the below step.

Step 2:

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode by pressing the corresponding number.
    Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built in Administrator.

Step 3:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

• Open Command Prompt from
      Windows Recovery Environment

• Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Close the Command Prompt.

• Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.
    Refer the below link to create the new Local user account.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 25, 2021
  3. local account password forgotten

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password

Forget hidden Administrator Account Password-Windows 10

Thank you for providing the details. You can change the password of the hidden admin account by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key and type "cmd".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command: net user "UserName" "NewPassword".

Type "administrator" in the "Username" and type the password that you want in the
      "NewPassword".
    • Retype the password that you've created and close the Command Prompt.
    These steps are intended for local accounts. And since the hidden admin account is considered a local account, you can apply these steps.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Dennis Mop, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password

1. Recovery Mode Command Line keeps asking for local Administrator Account Password - Similar Threads - Recovery Mode Command

2. Local account password / recovery mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account password / recovery mode: I need to access the console via recovery mode. When attempting to login through recovery mode I am prompted for my password. My password will not be accepted. Outside of recovery mode my password works fine and I can login to my machine as normal. I have reset my microsoft...
  3. Local account password / recovery mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local account password / recovery mode: I need to access the console via recovery mode. When attempting to login through recovery mode I am prompted for my password. My password will not be accepted. Outside of recovery mode my password works fine and I can login to my machine as normal. I have reset my microsoft...
  4. Local account password / recovery mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. forgotten administrator local account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgotten administrator local account password: Dear Microsoft support team.I forgotten my administrator local account password and their security questions because I always used my my face id or my pin to sign in to my laptop. is there any way to recover or reset the password?I know my old password but last year I change...
  6. forgotten administrator local account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgotten administrator local account password: Dear Microsoft support team.I forgotten my administrator local account password and their security questions because I always used my my face id or my pin to sign in to my laptop. is there any way to recover or reset the password?I know my old password but last year I change...
  7. forgotten administrator local account password

8. Windows Local Account password recovery?

Windows Local Account password recovery?: Recently my PC wouldn't boot, and I tried to use the recovery options. I was required to sign in to my account, but my Microsoft account password wasn't accepted. I think this means I was being asked to sign in with a local account, which I haven't used in years, and...
  9. Administrator account on recovery mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator account on recovery mode: I created a system image on my external hard drive previously, now I am having trouble recovering my data. When I click system image recovery in recovery mode, it says I have no administrator accounts on this device and all I am able to do is restart. But I actually do have...
  10. being asked the old local account password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    being asked the old local account password: I am being asked the old local account password, which I never set up, I, changed the windows password succesfully, but now I (W10) does not accept it Thanks All 18268