Windows 10: Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option"

Discus and support Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot get any further than the "choose an option" screen, once I select troubleshoot from here my laptop starts. I cannot get to Advaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manelsonicu812, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option"

I cannot get any further than the "choose an option" screen, once I select troubleshoot from here my laptop starts. I cannot get to Advaced Options>Startup Setting like I am trying. I have tried all ways that I've seen thus far and have yet to come to a solution. Please help if at all possible.

Mike

:)

manelsonicu812, Oct 31, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option"

Stuck at “choose an account to continue” screen

Hi Lucas,

One of the possible reasons why your PC fails to boot into normal mode are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    Safe Mode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• In the Search box, type Control Panel and press
      Enter.
    • On the upper-right window, under View
      by, click Category and select
      Large icons.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option"

1. Recovery mode Windows 10 stuck in "choose an option" - Similar Threads - Recovery mode stuck

2. Stuck on "Choose an Option"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Choose an Option": I was Stuck on Choose an option I tried every methods but It didn't work as well....Any one that can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-choose-an-option/da347dc7-6a06-4fac-be11-6f2053cc4f14
  3. Stuck on "Choose an Option"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Choose an Option": I was Stuck on Choose an option I tried every methods but It didn't work as well....Any one that can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-on-choose-an-option/da347dc7-6a06-4fac-be11-6f2053cc4f14
  4. Stuck on Choose an Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Choose an Option: Hello. I clicked the "Update and Shut Down" button and when I checked my laptop, it displays the Choose an Option screen. I tried clicking the continue but it just loops back to the Choose an Option screen. How can i solve this?...
  5. Stuck on Choose an Option

Stuck on Choose an Option: Hello. I clicked the "Update and Shut Down" button and when I checked my laptop, it displays the Choose an Option screen. I tried clicking the continue but it just loops back to the Choose an Option screen. How can i solve this?...
  6. Stuck on Choose an Option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!: My Asus laptop is suddenly stuck in this seemingly inescapable blue screen mode, and I need help to fix it. Here are the only options I am getting:After language selection, I get 2 options: Troubleshoot or Turn off your pcIn Troubleshoot:Start up repair - won't launchCommand...
  8. Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!

Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!: My Asus laptop is suddenly stuck in this seemingly inescapable blue screen mode, and I need help to fix it. Here are the only options I am getting:After language selection, I get 2 options: Troubleshoot or Turn off your pcIn Troubleshoot:Start up repair - won't launchCommand...
  9. Stuck on 'Choose an option' mode!

10. Stuck on choose an option

Stuck on choose an option: My PC had an error a few days ago and since then I've been stuck on choose an option screen and the only options i have are turn off or troubleshoot to which the option in trouble shoot fail to work and my command keeps coming up with corrupt idk what to do now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. choose an option

2. windows 10 Choose an option

3. choose an option windows 10

4. choose an option in windows 10,
  5. choose an option on windows 10,
  6. laptop goes to choose an option menu after reset,
  7. windows stuck in recovery mode,
  8. choose an option setting,
  9. choose option,
  10. windows 10 installation choose a option,
  11. windows 10 cant choose satrtup option,