Windows 10: Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10

Discus and support Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My system was not able to boot as a crictical file was corrupted so I was forced to reset the windows and used Bitlocker key to decrypt the folder. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kandarp_640, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10

My system was not able to boot as a crictical file was corrupted so I was forced to reset the windows and used Bitlocker key to decrypt the folder. I selected save my files and reset windows, it took a while and after reset I can't see my files. Also, I had 2 additional partions Drive E and F other than C, now only C exists. How to recover the data, I need urgent assistance in this matter.Thanks

:)

kandarp_640, Jun 4, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2023
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Bree, Jun 4, 2023
  4. Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10

Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jun 4, 2023
Thema:

Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10

1. Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10 - Similar Threads - Recovery files Resetting

2. Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10: My system was not able to boot as a crictical file was corrupted so I was forced to reset the windows and used Bitlocker key to decrypt the folder. I selected save my files and reset windows, it took a while and after reset I can't see my files. Also, I had 2 additional...
  3. Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery of files after Resetting windows 10: My system was not able to boot as a crictical file was corrupted so I was forced to reset the windows and used Bitlocker key to decrypt the folder. I selected save my files and reset windows, it took a while and after reset I can't see my files. Also, I had 2 additional...
  4. Windows 10 Recovery/Reset

Windows 10 Recovery/Reset: What would happen if the network goes out while I am reinstalling windows through the new Cloud Download feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-recoveryreset/51037ae4-509d-4cc5-9d20-72809bb75b14
  5. Data recovery after windows 10 reset

Data recovery after windows 10 reset: Actually i made reset on my friend suggestion. After rest i lost my E:/ drive data. I was not expecting it. But now i am trying to recover this data. I have tried many recovery softwares but they just detect a few photos and videos. Kindly guide me what i have to do to...
  6. Recovery Partition after Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovery Partition after Reset: I worked for a company that had me add software to my computer which locked me out of making changes to my browser. After several days on the phone with support, I decided to reset my computer. After the reset, I now have to choose between Windows 10 and a recovery...
  7. Windows 10 Reset/Recovery

Windows 10 Reset/Recovery: Windows 10 The Command Prompt and the Powershell files are corrupt and the settings isn't working. Can login and open Internet Explorer, but that's about that work on the computer. I have a copy of the OS on a USB. Help...I don't know how to fix this....
  8. Recovery after reset laptop

Recovery after reset laptop: Hi, 3 weeks ago my laptop was not working. Display error no harddrive found. After so many failures i reset my windows 10. My all the files and pictures are gone now. I tired so many softwares to recover but not successfull. Can anyone guide me if possible to recover only...
  9. Windows 10 Recovery, Reset.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Recovery, Reset.: I suspect I have Malware on my Laptop. I've tryed everything. The Recovery & or Reset option does not work. the Reset, in both Save personal files and Delete personal files option will run in its course, then after terminating with a reboot, shows a window that it didn't work...
  10. Problem after recovery/reset

Problem after recovery/reset: HI all, I think I partly created my own original problem by changing the name of the computer. Shortly after I was no longer an insider, "Get Insider Builds" had a box underneath with "fix me", and pressing this gave an error 0x80310052. Some kind of no-mans land,...