Windows 10: Recovery of files in Win 10, HP files not shown

Discus and support Recovery of files in Win 10, HP files not shown in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used HP Recovery Manager to recover my PC when a Windows update made my PC continually loop starting. In HPRM I save my files to an external USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PearlFarrier, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Recovery of files in Win 10, HP files not shown

I used HP Recovery Manager to recover my PC when a Windows update made my PC continually loop starting. In HPRM I save my files to an external USB drive. It took several attempts but I did get backup files in the external drive. I thought I needed to include other partitioned drives, but it seems that only the c: drive was backed up and when the system recovered I still had the other partitions intact. Good so far. However, I cannot get the backup files to restore using Windows Backup and Restore (Windows7). The USB files from the HP backup do not appear when I select "use another backup to restore from". I can only see the Windows backup that I created after the PC restore. The restore files are still available on the external USB drive. Can anyone help please?

:)

PearlFarrier, Jun 16, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Best free file recovery

My mate was doing a back up and somehow managed to delete a lot of important files and photos, he has downloaded a program called pctools which does file recovery and it finds the files though to recover them he has to pay, he is a bit dubious about paying before the recovery incase it doesnt do as advertised, does anyone know of any good free file recovery apps that actually work.

The files shouldnt be too hard to recover as they were just deleted from the recycle bin and the drive hasnt been formatted, any help appreciated.

NdMk2o1o, Jun 16, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Jun 16, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

Recovery of files in Win 10, HP files not shown

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Recovery of files in Win 10, HP files not shown

1. Recovery of files in Win 10, HP files not shown - Similar Threads - Recovery files files

2. files are shown missing or duplicated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    files are shown missing or duplicated: so i have this problem where when i look at my downloads folder in file explorer, they are not shown in orderwhen i scroll down a bit and then scroll back up , i saw that one of my files was duplicated and when i click on one of them, it highlights bothand when i looked...
  3. File type in File Manager is shown in chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File type in File Manager is shown in chinese: I'm on Windows 11, and when I use file manager all the .jpg image files show the item type in Chinese. They still open normally as jpg's.. This of more of an inconvenience and annoyance rather than a critical fault but I would like to fix this. I am fully updated to latest...
  4. File type in File Manager is shown in chinese

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File type in File Manager is shown in chinese: I'm on Windows 11, and when I use file manager all the .jpg image files show the item type in Chinese. They still open normally as jpg's.. This of more of an inconvenience and annoyance rather than a critical fault but I would like to fix this. I am fully updated to latest...
  5. Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reflect Backup Files / Sets not Shown in Recovery Environment: I booted to the Macrium Recovery Environment for Reflect v8 for my PC which has a system drive C and another drive D for Reflect backups. I can browse to find the backup files on drive D in the recovery environment. However, when I add the path D:\Reflect Backups no backup...
  6. HIdden Files not shown

in Windows 10 Support
    HIdden Files not shown: I have around 15 hidden files in c:\ that don't show up in file explorer even with 'show hidden files' checked in view options. Is this something Microsoft is doing deliberately? How do I get them to show up? 135218
  7. Files not shown in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not shown in Windows Explorer: Just upgraded to latest version of Windows 10. Many of my newer files do not show up in Explorer. I know the files are there, because if I open a program, e.g. Adobe Reader, and and click on a recent file, the file opens, even though it is not listed in Explorer. This...
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer - #files shown in folders is inconsistent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer - #files shown in folders is inconsistent: I am using Windows 10 and notice the following things when using file explorer: 1. 1. When I place the cursor over the documents folder, it shows the size as 9.09 GB instead of the 6.63 GB as shown in the properties box when I right click on the documents folder. 2....
  9. Files shown in "Recent"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Files shown in "Recent": Files from two particular folders under Documents do not appear in Recent: One is called MS Office Textfiles and the other MS Office Spreadsheets. However, if I save the same files to another folder and use them they do appear in Recent. Any file I use in any other folder...
  10. file Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    file Win 10: I am used to "sending to" from file in the upper right with Win 8.1. On some screens I see it and on others I don't. How can I place it so I can find it? 13392