Windows 10: Recovery of files

Discus and support Recovery of files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys. Lost all files. I have 4gb Lexar thumb drive. It’s been plugged into a USB port that doesn’t always work on computer 1(the port is real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ClaydisCC, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Recovery of files

Hey guys. Lost all files. I have 4gb Lexar thumb drive. It’s been plugged into a USB port that doesn’t always work on computer 1(the port is real picky). I didn’t see any of my normal files contained on usb on computer 1. So I plugged it into computer 2. Couldn’t find anything. It said scan and fix recommended so I did. Specifically this folder named FILES. There’s a few other files n folders. Which were messed with but are less important and still have some remaining files.

FILES at first showed 2 strangely named files and nothing else but they were empty. After scan n fix the folder FILES is now a document containing mostly ÿ repeatedly.

I downloaded Recuva and it said it was scanning 15k deleted files on usb(which is how many are missing) but when scanning finished it displayed 47 unrecoverable items. All of which stated that they were “overwritten by”-Inkscape files and stuff that were in a folder that wasn’t inside FILES

Please help lol

submitted by /u/ClaydisCC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ClaydisCC, Dec 17, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 17, 2019
  3. yogurt_21 Win User
    Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Dec 17, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

Recovery of files

DRDNA, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Recovery of files

1. Recovery of files - Similar Threads - Recovery files

2. File recovery program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File recovery program: I wanted to install a program to recover deleted files, I have a question, can this program harm my SSD/HDD, or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-recovery-program/6124af55-a6e9-4c41-8424-13494b75f4d7
  3. File recovery program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File recovery program: I wanted to install a program to recover deleted files, I have a question, can this program harm my SSD/HDD, or something else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-recovery-program/6124af55-a6e9-4c41-8424-13494b75f4d7
  4. Windows 11 File Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Recovery: I have a Dell Optiplex 7780 that was running Windows 11. I had just reset it and signed into my work account. I added a bunch of files that I had backed up to a USB drive to OneDrive and then foolishly deleted the files from the USB. I then let the computer sit for a little...
  5. Windows 11 File Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Recovery: I have a Dell Optiplex 7780 that was running Windows 11. I had just reset it and signed into my work account. I added a bunch of files that I had backed up to a USB drive to OneDrive and then foolishly deleted the files from the USB. I then let the computer sit for a little...
  6. Windows 11 File Recovery

7. Windows 11 File Recovery

8. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  9. My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...

My computer is asking for a recovery key. I have encrypted files I can not access and I...: I can not access files on my older computer as they have been encrypted. My computer is asking for a recovery key which I don’t have. How do I recover my files?...
  10. External ssd file recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External ssd file recovery: Hi there, hoping you can help. I have a laptop with an M2 sata ssd. A recent windows update caused certain programs to cease working. I attempted to fix the issue, but somehow managed to lock my user account out of the drive. I bought a replacement ssd and installed windows...