Windows 10: Recovery of profile

Discus and support Recovery of profile in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I recover or reconnect to my profile. Changed password and all of sudden all docs, files and pics are gone as is our email. Tried to sign in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KimWitt3, Mar 21, 2020.

1. KimWitt3 Win User

Recovery of profile

How can I recover or reconnect to my profile. Changed password and all of sudden all docs, files and pics are gone as is our email.

Tried to sign in with old password and it said could not connect to profile so we changed password and then everything disappeared.

:)

KimWitt3, Mar 21, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Mar 21, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Recovery of profile :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Recovery of profile

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Recovery of profile

1. Recovery of profile - Similar Threads - Recovery profile

2. Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery Key: I have had an unfortunate tragedy happen to my laptop and dropped it off the dinner table. It landed on my foot and if that's good or bad i have yet to find out. Well, when i tried to power it back on it goes through this 5-10 minute black screen and then a blue screen...
  3. Reinstalled Windows, Decided to use a Backup drive as Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reinstalled Windows, Decided to use a Backup drive as Recovery: Lesson learned, don't leave anything else plugged in but your SSD when installing Windows. Is there anyway I can create a volume on this drive and use Recuva to recover data? [img] 153468
  4. Unable to start windows, repair & recovery options don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to start windows, repair & recovery options don't work: The computer is not starting anymore. It is my children computer and I am not sure what caused it. How can I boot the windows 10 in safe mode? I get error code 0xc000007b. How can I fix it. Thanks for the help. Blaise...
  5. can't create recovery disk

can't create recovery disk: My Dell XPS 13 9300, Win10 Pro x64, five hours out of the carton, all updates installed, fails while writing the recovery disk to a 16GB USB flash drive. "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive." It also leaves the drive in an odd state with no partition or...
  6. Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell SupportAssist OS Recovery: Dear All, I have an Inspiron 3593 i3 10th Gen Laptop. I'm going to restore the system using SupportAssist OS Recovery tool. So after doing that do I have to install all the drivers and softwares which came up with device such as; 1.Dell Mobile Connect 2.Dell Update...
  7. Stuck in command prompt loop of advanced recovery

Stuck in command prompt loop of advanced recovery: Hello All, I tried to boot in safe mode. At login screen 1. Power -> Shift+restart 2. Troubleshoot 3. Advanced options 4. here i was supposed to select STARTUP SETTINGS, but i selected COMMAND PROMPT by mistake. Now it is asking for an admin account password ad...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: Hi... I'm having a problem, my laptop updated, restated and the told me there was a problem... Now it's asking for my bitlocker recovery key first time I'm learning of this & I don't know what to do so can I please get some help :'...
  9. Trying to Reset, Recovery stops at 69%

Trying to Reset, Recovery stops at 69%: I'm trying to Reset Windows 10. After booting from a Recovery USB, it gets to "Recovering this PC 69%", then it pops back to the screen "Choose an option". If at this point, I choose "Recover from a drive" again, and then choose "Just remove my files", it pops to the...
  10. Recovery from corrupt user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovery from corrupt user profile: I normally log on to my laptop (Windows 10, 32-bit) using my Microsoft account. Just over a week ago, it developed a fault, telling me that I had entered an incorrect password. I knew this wasn't the case as I can still log on to my other computer using the same Microsoft...