Windows 10: Recovery of windows and list volume partitions

Discus and support Recovery of windows and list volume partitions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My body deleted windows 10 operating system off of his computer on accident. I am using a USB installation media to reload the operating system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JSerra5, Apr 14, 2021.

1. JSerra5 Win User

Recovery of windows and list volume partitions

My body deleted windows 10 operating system off of his computer on accident. I am using a USB installation media to reload the operating system. However i have found that the partitions for his system are missing. i will list what i have found while in the Command prompt. I need some assistance with recreating his partitions so i can install windows. It does not matter to recover any files he had on the laptop.

• Launched "Diskpart"
    • "list disk"
    • Disk 0 465 GB
    • Disk 1 14 GB
    • "Select Disk 0"
    • Disk 0 is now the selected disk.
    • "list vol"
    • Volume 0 C ESD-USB FAT32 Removable 14GB Healthy

This is how i found the missing partitions. Tried to "Created partition primary" but i got the following error message. "Diskpart has encountered an error: Data error cyclic redundancy check. See the system event log for more information."

I am not sure what to do here. could anyone advise me as to how i can check or fix this.

:)

JSerra5, Apr 14, 2021
  2. ddelo Win User

Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management

Following the latest updates 18363.719 and 18363.720, I noticed that in the Volume list of Disk Management, the Windows Recovery partition created when clean installed Windows 10, was missing.
    It does show in the graphical representation of the drives, though.

Recovery of windows and list volume partitions [​IMG]

When run reagentc /info to check recovery partition existence it shows as partition 4 and it also shows in diskpart

Any ideas?

ddelo, Apr 14, 2021
  3. ddelo Win User

Something I noticed, in the screenshots above which probably shows that the problem, although seems to be solved by the recommendation of @Kyhi, is most likely a screw-up from Microsoft.

In the two screenshots above, in the first one the EFI partition and in the second one both the EFI and Recovery partitions show as 100% free space, i.e. not used at all.
    This is not the case for both of them as they both have data written.

So it seems that it's not just the Recovery partition not showing in the Volume list, but a more complicated issue, which needs Microsoft's attention!

ddelo, Apr 14, 2021
  4. ddelo Win User

As I said before...since Jimmy is here, if there is a a solution, it will be given!

As Jimmy suggested changing the last bit of the partition's attribute from 0 to 1 (made the partition Required), takes care of the problem.
    The question is, why this should be done as the partition's attribute was never changed from what the Windows 10 installation set it and it was functioning perfectly before...but I guess that is something MS has to answer!!

Just to make clear what needs to be done, in case someone else faces the same issue:

Before:

After running the following diskpart coammands:
    Code:

A huge thanks to Jimmy for his precious help!!!*Smile

And one last, more technical, note:
    GPT attributes
    - 0x0000000000000001. Specifies that the partition is required by the computer to function properly.
    - 0x8000000000000000. Specifies that the partition will not receive a drive letter by default when the disk is moved to another computer or when the disk is seen for the first time by a computer.

ddelo, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Recovery of windows and list volume partitions - Similar Threads - Recovery list volume

2. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  3. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  4. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  6. Windows Recovery Partition

Windows Recovery Partition: As you can see in the image below, the Recovery partition automatically revealed itself. Now I want to hide it but there is now that I can do that. There is only a 'Help' option in Disk Management to that partition. I try to do that through CMD using Diskpart but when...
  7. Recovery Partition on Windows

Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...
  8. Recovery Partition

Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  9. Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Recovery partition missing from Volume list of Disk Management: Following the latest updates 18363.719 and 18363.720, I noticed that in the Volume list of Disk Management, the Windows Recovery partition created when clean installed Windows 10, was missing. It does show in the graphical representation of the drives, though. [img] When...
  10. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery partition: A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect and image the whole drive. He was playing around with an Acer Desktop and deleted the recovery partition. His only other computer is an Hp laptop. Both latest Win 10 versions. The Laptop has...