Windows 10: Recovery partition is too big?

Discus and support Recovery partition is too big? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey! I am rocking a new 120gb Kingston SSD on my pc and here is the deal. Ive been making these restore points once every month. and i just recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheSOSOGE, Oct 11, 2018.

1. TheSOSOGE Win User

Recovery partition is too big?

Hey! I am rocking a new 120gb Kingston SSD on my pc and here is the deal. Ive been making these restore points once every month. and i just recently got a notification that im out of space. Now i thought "Wait, windows already used 120 gigs of my ssd?" and went to my pc to see that i have 8gb free out of 80gb. Went to disk managment, and saw that recovery partition is 36 gb, and it is 100% free. Is there any way to shrink the size?

Pics of my pc specs:

Recovery partition is too big? 7e8237ac-ba92-453f-ac25-77f2ba327829?upload=true.png

ID's are hidden btw

:)

TheSOSOGE, Oct 11, 2018
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Mario Tum Win User
    Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Recovery partition is too big?

Is my Recovery Partition big enough?

Not a problem at all. Thats the hp recovery partition and you will

want that to stay fully functional in case things go wrong. Leave it alone.

The bar is blue. If it was red that would mean the partition is not quite big enough.

With a 1TB drive you have more than enough space for everything !

Jose Alvarado 30340, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Recovery partition is too big?

1. Recovery partition is too big? - Similar Threads - Recovery partition too

2. Too Big, How?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too Big, How?: Hi,I have downloaded a file zipped from google drive to add to a usb.The file is 7.01GB in size zipped.I have 2 usb's @ 32gb, both never used until today, the first totally empty, and the one same capacity with 13gb Free.Yet I am getting the attached when trying to copy or...
  3. Notepad is too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad is too big: Hi, I just created a script with AutoHot Key and don't like the Notepad window display on the screen. It used to me a manageable window but now takes up the entire desktop and I can't reduce the size of it. Is there anything I can do to make the window smaller? Thanks...
  4. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  5. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many recovery partitions: I purchased an ASUS computer running Win7, upgraded to WIn8 and then later to Win10. I configured a D: data drive on the spare space on disk 0 and used all of disk 1 as E: for more data space. Now I would like to consolidate space on disk 0 and make disk 1 a mirror of disk 0....
  6. Too many recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Widows is too big for the partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows is too big for the partition: Hi all, Two years ago I bought a new laptop ZED brand just because it was too cheep, and it stayed in the box until last week. Widows is installed on the C drive and the drive is like 97% full while the D drive has 500 GB of free space Is it possible to borrow some space...
  8. Display is TOO big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display is TOO big: Am I the only person with this problem?? I've hunted everywhere! I recently got a new computer with Windows 10. I also got a new monitor. The monitor I got is a 32" very wide screen. I don't know if my issue is due to the screen or W10. I've adjusted my size to as low...
  9. fonts are too big

in Windows 10 Support
    fonts are too big: My wife hit something and now my fonts are too big. I'd like to get the letters back to the smaller version as they are waaaay too big. Can anyone help? 105368
  10. Too many Recovery Partitions???

in Windows 10 Support
    Too many Recovery Partitions???: Does this look odd to anyone? Should I have this many partitions? Especially 3 Recovery Partitions......can I get rid of them and how do I know which one and do it safely? *Sleepy 78988

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 recovery partition is huge

2. recovery too big